Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trick Bird - 'Window' - Sadboi Studios Mix
I absolutley LOVED working on this track. This is such a great song, and it was incredibly hard not to vibe the whole way through. However, the mix I have delivered is more pop oriantated, and may not agree with Trick Bird's original guitar focused sound - but I personally believe that the song can work either way.
This is my first post on this forum (first post on any forum in that case Big Grin ) and I would love to hear what everyone thinks of this mix!

Keep it gravy baby! X
Sadboi Studios

.mp3    Trick Bird - \'Window\' - Sadboi Studios Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 6.23 MB)

Hi!

Nothing wrong at all with keeping it more pop than shoegaze.

I feel there's quite a lot of sub bass on this mix, and perhaps not quite enough mid range. I find your mix balance doesn't sound too bad on earbuds and probably closer to the sound think you intended, but it doesn't sound so good on a system that can actually reproduce the low end you've got here. It sort of sounds kind of thin but with a lot of sub. Not sure what you are mixing on, but I think having a touch too much low end is affecting the mix balance and headroom. I think that's what's going on here anyway.

There's some nice touches here, like the bass coming in after the intro, I just feel a little bit more work is needed on the overall frequency balance.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Hey Mike!

You know what, listening to it again after a while I can completely see and agree with what you are saying! The sub is a bit mental, I'm currently working with a pair of HS7's, which I know are not the most accurate in the world, but i'll surely take your advice on board with projects in future.

Thanks for the feedback, always much appreciated!