Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mykey Massacre - Don't Please Stay (Mix&Master)
Please enjoy!!
Any feedback is welcome

Cheers!!!

.mp3    Mykey Massacre - Don\'t Please Stay.mp3 --  (Download: 18.68 MB)

Very nice balanced mix, the instrumentals feels heavy and nice.

My only problem (and may be just me) is the vocals: For me there is too much distortion. I really feel what you're trying to do, and I think this is the right direction, but my first reaction was to turn down the volume, as it was too much in you face and annoying distortion. Maybe back it up a bit and I think you've got a very good sounding mix

Cheers
MacPro 5,1 - Big Sur | UAD Apollo Twin | AKG - K701 | Reaper | LUNA
"the vocals: For me there is too much distortion"

Yeah, I Agree with you, my problem is I don't have a powerful PC so I do a lot of renders (and don't do any back up). In my balance with the distortion in the vocal, it was sounding good. But as the mix goes foward, the vocal (that was rendered) starting to sound harsh and annoying like you said and I tried to fix it but the result wasn't satisfaying, the solution is: I'm going to download the multitrack again and Re-make the vocal to fit in the mix with (maybe) a touch of distortion.

Thanx filipandrei for your comment I really appreciatte that!!

Cheers!!
"I don't have a powerful PC"

Yeah, I feel you. I know how it is to work on a PC with lower specs (The Audio Industry doesn't make that is easy for us Smile )
What I've learned is that I'll always need to backup my mix project (and just delete the Audio files)

Cheers
MacPro 5,1 - Big Sur | UAD Apollo Twin | AKG - K701 | Reaper | LUNA
"I know how it is to work on a PC with lower specs (The Audio Industry doesn't make that is easy for us Smile )"

yeah, The only thing we can do is push foward.

Cheers!!!!
Here is the V2 of the song with a clean vocal, tried to add a touch of distortion but that's not the way to go I think...

Cheers and thanx to filipandrei for the advise!!!

.mp3    Mykey Massacre - Don\'t Please Stay V2.mp3 --  (Download: 18.68 MB)