Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BenFlowers_Ecstasy_Full
This was mixed at work on a single blue tooth speaker that looks like a rock  Big Grin
Its mono and was going for a 70s/80s warped movie sound track kind of sound.

Edit: Added a new mix. Y's Man im visualizing you doing a face palm. Still mixed on the same speakers but I think the new mix will be a little more to your liking.

.mp3    BenFlowers_Ecstasy_Full.mp3 --  (Download: 9.87 MB)

.mp3    Esctacy.mp3 --  (Download: 9.67 MB)

it sounds like you recorded it from the bluetooth speaker on a nokia 402 mic, not sure if this is a serious post or not
Serious? Yes and no. its an attempt to achieve a certain sound ( that part is serious) on a blue tooth speaker ( this part is obviously not serious.)
Did the mix in a couple of hours, just for fun. Sounding like it was recorded through a mic was not the intended effect. Win some lose some.
Yes mate not the best idea, sorry wasn't meant to be offensive there alot going on that wouldn't be heard in that kind of speaker in your mix
Thanks for your candor. I’ll give it a listen on some real speakers when they get unpacked. I’m sure it’ll be shocking. It was still fun to take a break from the day to day and do some mixing, even if it was crap.
Sounds retroish, it has a nice touch to it. Almost sounds like a VHS audio release or cassette. really like it
Thanks musretr0. That’s the sound I was going for. For whatever reason this track reminds me of old movie sound tracks that suffer from all the problems associated with old tape. Used Mello-fi on the master and automated wow, flutter and damage.
I understand the idea but retro and bad quality is a different thing, to me this sounds destroyed, not bashing the idea but theres no need to go this saturated i have 78s that sound better quality, i think once you get it on proper speakers you will get a better picture cause your other stuff sounds fine, i think it just went a little too far on this
Hey Y's Man, I dont discount anything you're saying. Just so you know Im more then happy to absorb any input given. no ego walls here. From Listening over phone speakers I could tell it was taken to far. To much of every thing really. The distortion was just the first thing to stick out amongst other things ( over doing the wow & flutter for example.) Ill try and get a more refined version up soon or back off the "retro" a bit.