Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freedom Mix
I took some advice on guitars and cut 3.5k a bit too give some room for vocals. Drums where interesting... did anyone find them difficult to wrangle in, especially for samples? I really enjoyed the tune and singwriting.

.mp3    Freedom Full Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 10.58 MB)

(01-11-2022, 08:32 PM)MictheRoom Wrote: I took some advice on guitars and cut 3.5k a bit too give some room for vocals. Drums where interesting... did anyone find them difficult to wrangle in, especially for samples? I really enjoyed the tune and singwriting.
Solid overall mix. I think the vocals have a bit too much 6k ish going on for my tastes. You can hear how S and V syllable sounds jump a bit louder than other sounds.

What's going on around 3 minutes? Did a track get nudged off the time base, or was that a creative decision? If that's a mistake it actually sounds kind of cool lol. If that was an intentional choice then it kind of clashes with the rest of the mix a tad too much, and I would try to make that part blend and weave a bit more.
(02-11-2022, 10:26 PM)VincentVega Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 08:32 PM)MictheRoom Wrote: I took some advice on guitars and cut 3.5k a bit too give some room for vocals. Drums where interesting... did anyone find them difficult to wrangle in, especially for samples? I really enjoyed the tune and singwriting.
Solid overall mix. I think the vocals have a bit too much 6k ish going on for my tastes. You can hear how S and V syllable sounds jump a bit louder than other sounds.

What's going on around 3 minutes? Did a track get nudged off the time base, or was that a creative decision? If that's a mistake it actually sounds kind of cool lol. If that was an intentional choice then it kind of clashes with the rest of the mix a tad too much, and I would try to make that part blend and weave a bit more.
It was definitely a mistake. Ha! When I went back to listen in the car, I wondered about that vocal and thought, I'm surprised I left it so present. But didn't have time to really address it before posting. Thanks for mentioning it and the feedback about the vocals. I agree they are too much up there... I'll cut that 6k and see how that fits. Thanks again!