Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rock N' Roll, baby! m/
So, I guess I ended up with a mix, which is more "garage" than "heavy" ...

And yes, the delays aren't really tight, and perhaps there's a transition or two, which would benefit from some more love ... anyhow ...

There's something with the lead vocal, I'm not too keen about. Well, the sonic quality is nice, at least I think so Wink, but ...maybe it's his vibrato or something with the vocal being microscopic out of tune here and there. It is really microsopic, like 1/4 of a note or so .... maybe ... I can't put my finger to, what it is ... Any ideas?

Maybe I'll try for a real heavy version later on ...

So ... I've opted for another version ...

.mp3    MASTER1.mp3 --  (Download: 19.44 MB)

.mp3    Master 1-1.mp3 --  (Download: 19.44 MB)

I have a Polish friend, who is a sound engineer. Oh, and a Czech one too.

#nobodygoeshomehummingthekickdrum
#nosubnoshow
Hey man,

I really dig the voice delays.
The drums and bass are sitting nicely in the mix (maybe the snare is a bit dull sounding, but that's just me) I would like a bit more power and clarity, just to cut through the loud guitars.
I think if you just EQ the voice a bit, to give it more clarity, it would be fine

Anyway, nice balance, and a great mix

Cheers
MacPro 5,1 - Big Sur | UAD Apollo Twin | AKG - K701 | Reaper | LUNA
Hi!

Dunno, in the UK, Garage is like heavily swung skippy house music programmed on the 16th triplet grid...

Yeah top marks already for the vocal delays - they're great, as is the guitar solo 'after the fade' Big Grin. For me the mix balance is generally fine - it just needs a touch more overall weight for my taste. I feel there is may be perhaps a touch too much 4k, but perhaps not quite enough say - 80,200,800, to add a bit of weight & punch to balance it out. Not quite the same genre I suppose, but bands like, I dunno, Hollywood Undead (as I guess it's that time of year) I feel have that midrange thing going on, but also a bit of weight to the kick and drums. Tom Lord-Alge mixes of One OK Rock are may be worth checking out as well perhaps. Depends what sort of sound you are going for of course. I do sometimes find it difficult to pigeon hole and therefore find suitable refs for a lot of these tracks, but those mentioned have the right kind of overall sound signature... possibly.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Hello!
Man that rhythmic GTR sounds huge.
To me the drum feels that needs a bit of more power/presence.
And the vocals besides of the delay added to the end at the verses feels a bit dry.
Anyway, good job!