Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Please Stay
Hello everyone!
Just finished with the mix. Let me make some points on the song.

1. So, the song was a bit of a challenge for me. Reason is the drums. I think not a lot of  effort was put to the drums and they sounded very, very sterile. For programmed drums like these, velocity is the key to make them sound more natural and reallistic, and they sounded too flat.

So, I added one more kick sample with a deeper sound to fill in the low end of the original, and also a room sample of the same kick which I recorded into the room drums track. This gave a bit more life and space to the kick drum and  to the drums in general.

Also, I added a snare sample with a deeper low end and with more attack to reinforce the main snare sound and make it bigger. Also I felt that a fair amount of snare reverb was needed to put the whole kit in a space of its own and again to make it feel more natural.

Finally, saturation, cliping and parallel compression helped a lot to achieve what I wanted for the drums to sound like.

2. I felt that the vocals of the original had too much distortion on them. I dupicated the main lead vocal and added distortion and reverb to it and blended it with the main lead vocal to give some grind and attitude to them, without overdoing it.

3. Solos were amazing!

Enjoy and please leave a comment! Cool

.mp3    MykeyMassacre_DontPleaseStay_MIX.mp3 --  (Download: 19.54 MB)