Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben Flowers - Ecstasy
Here I leave my mix, any comment is welcome

.mp3    Ben Flowers - Ecstasy (FM).mp3 --  (Download: 9.67 MB)

Cool delay on the lead synth and the clap reverb is really good. Only thing for me is it sounds like the bass is sending the limiter a bit crazy, it's all a bit distorted once it kicks in.

Cool sounds and balance though.
It also gives me a feeling of distortion, but I think it's the high frequencies of the hi hat and the snare
Don't know.
I have used an emulation of a 1073 for the synths and I have trimmed the bass and kick subs quite a bit to make it sound fat
Thanks for the comments Judders.
Cheers
Snare and kick are distorting for sure, I don't think this is a pleasant distortion, especially on the snare - sounds harsh. Vocal could be louder i think! Overall nothing to complain
The kick wasn't causing the distortion, it was the snare and the hi hat. Let me see it? I have removed high frequencies and I have raised the voice a little as you have told me.

.mp3    Ben Flowers - Ecstasy (2).mp3 --  (Download: 9.47 MB)

Hi tete, nice dreamy delay, toms sound good, definately still some destruction on the snare which is taking away the snap, and i think you could high pass the hats a bit they hit a little hard, theres some mud in the low end mids aswell, ive heard a few you have done and just went back to listen to a few, the overall feeling for me is a bit middy, and lacking clarity and definition in the lows and highs if that helps, maybe searching for loudness a bit aswell which could be taking a step backwards