Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben Flowers - Ecstasy_(CG-MIX)
Not something I'd usually mix, however, there was something really quite vibey about this song. The mix was pretty straight forward, most of the attention was on automating the melodies/synths to allocate room for the other elements in the mix. Tell me what you think, thanks.

.mp3    Ben Flowers_Ecstasy_(CG-MIX).mp3 --  (Download: 9.69 MB)

Brought the kick and vocals down a little. Hopefully its a little better.

.mp3    Ben Flowers_Ecstasy_V2_(CG-MIX).mp3 --  (Download: 9.69 MB)

Interesting take, I've been working on this track all evening. Your snare really has a splash, cool. The vocals sound a bit distant for my taste. But I like your style, very electronic sounding.
(01-10-2022, 06:30 AM)ixiMixing Wrote: Interesting take, I've been working on this track all evening. Your snare really has a splash, cool. The vocals sound a bit distant for my taste. But I like your style, very electronic sounding.
Thanks man. I agree the vocals are a little distant, I usually prefer vocals a little drier and more upfront, but I thought I try something different for this mix. Thanks again.
I find it interesting most people leave the lows in the initial synth, i do think it sounds better its such a good patch. I dont really like the snare for this sort of song, the bass and first synth have the same patch at different octaves so they get confused even though you have done a good job it was something i tried to avoid. Ill reiterate the vocal could be more up front with the pad synth but generally its a well done mix
(20-11-2022, 08:03 AM)Ys Man Wrote: I find it interesting most people leave the lows in the initial synth, i do think it sounds better its such a good patch. I dont really like the snare for this sort of song, the bass and first synth have the same patch at different octaves so they get confused even though you have done a good job it was something i tried to avoid. Ill reiterate the vocal could be more up front with the pad synth but generally its a well done mix
Hey, thanks for the comment. After listening to it again I totally agree with your points. Funny enough though I don't mind the snare for this song, but I understand its not for everyone. Thanks again, I appreciate it.
Really like the processing on the drums man! Kick has a nice thump and the snare hits like a proper electronic tune.

The reverb on the toms really gives me 80s drum machine vibes
(16-03-2023, 10:35 PM)Rob_ADAMO Wrote: Really like the processing on the drums man! Kick has a nice thump and the snare hits like a proper electronic tune.

The reverb on the toms really gives me 80s drum machine vibes
Thanks for the kind words, man. It's greatly appreciated. Cheers.