Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comet - Ricky Legend (Michael Gaudreau Mix)
I tried mixing this one without having heard the published version first, and I think with that considered I ended up relatively close to the original (creative preferences not counting). Found that dialing in a consistent low end and getting the vocals to sit properly in this arrangement were the hardest part, but for a first mix (the file says v0.2 because v0.1 was exported as .wav), I'm happy with where this ended up. Will likely go back and try to dial in a few spots and balance it a little better.

.mp3    Comet - Ricky Legend - Mixing Practice (v0.2).mp3 --  (Download: 2.35 MB)

Sounds nice, listening with small monitors makes it sound a little too busy in the 2~4kHz area though.  This includes the vocals.  Just some thoughts... 

Dave
(25-09-2022, 01:52 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Sounds nice, listening with small monitors makes it sound a little too busy in the 2~4kHz area though.  This includes the vocals.  Just some thoughts... 

Dave
Hi Dave, I appreciate the feedback! Listening with fresh ears 24 hours later I can definitely hear some of that buildup in the background vocals and synth pad there.