Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Escarràs - No Limits
First try on this song. Fun to mix. Thanks for the listen. Cheers!

.mp3    nolimit-sonictramp.mp3 --  (Download: 6.85 MB)

.mp3    nolimit-sonictramp_1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.85 MB)

Hi SonicTramp,

The first mix is too squashed.

In the second I like the balance of the congas and the accent guitar on the verses but in the choruses maybe you could bring the congas a little down and feature the brass seccion.

The snare/snare-reverb sound a little odd.

Cheers!
(26-10-2022, 11:30 PM)hobbyist Wrote: Hi SonicTramp,

The first mix is too squashed.

In the second I like the balance of the congas and the accent guitar on the verses but in the choruses maybe you could bring the congas a little down and feature the brass seccion.

The snare/snare-reverb sound a little odd.

Cheers!

Thanks, Hobbyist, for leaving a comment. You are right about the reverb. I wanted the long tail in the intro but should have taken it out when the song starts. The extra long tail is unsuitable for the rest of the song (doing nothing but tripping everything around it), and I only realized it when you pointed it out. Thanks. I still love that long tail on the snare tho, so I did what I think was fair, 50/50, 2 notes with long tail for me and 2 notes w/o for you in the intro and only in the intro. I actually like that better, give the ears something to think about.

And yeah, the brass. Well, in my defense, I was surrounded by a grand total of 16 guitars, each as tall and big and scary as Zeus himself. There's barely any space for my small arm to reach out even for the bong, let alone the 3 trombones stand way in the back with hats in hands waiting for my never-to-come reception. I guess the negligence did not escape your ears. Thanks for pointing it out.

I include my latest here just in case you're interested. Beside those corrections I still attempted to make the mix as loud as I could w/o squashing it. It's a learning process, still a wip, so to speak. Thanks.

**V3 is just with louder guitars playing every down beat. I thought it would make the mix stronger.

.mp3    nolimit-sonictramp_2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.85 MB)

.mp3    nolimit-sonictramp_3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.85 MB)

New version.

.mp3    nolimit-sonictramp_4.mp3 --  (Download: 6.85 MB)