Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lingua Funqa - Do It Again (Hein-Ivan Mix)
A fine song and fun to mix. Thanks for listening. Cheers!

New version V2 some changes!

.mp3    Lingua Funqa - Do It Again (Hein-Ivan Mix).mp3 --  (Download: 10.56 MB)

.mp3    Lingua Funqa - Do It Again (Hein-Ivan Mix) V2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.56 MB)

The general sound and impression of the mix is ​​excellent. There are, in my opinion, some nuances.
1. Kick. He cannot break through the mix. Perhaps you should use the Trackspacer between Kick and Bass.
2. Resonances for 1400 and 5400 from percussion instruments.
3. The sound is slightly lacking Body. Perhaps it was worth slightly cutting Sub low frequencies to free up space for the range of 70-130 Hz.
4. I would also put a separate compression on MID and SIDE with a small range of influence and slightly different frequencies on MID and SIDE for better panoraming of sound. To do this, I use AR TG Mastering Waves plugin. I created a preset for myself so as not to pick up the settings every time. If required, I can send screenshots.

The rest is excellent. Great impression.
Alexander
(17-09-2022, 07:32 PM)Equilibrium Wrote: The general sound and impression of the mix is excellent. There are, in my opinion, some nuances.
1. Kick. He cannot break through the mix. Perhaps you should use the Trackspacer between Kick and Bass.
2. Resonances for 1400 and 5400 from percussion instruments.
3. The sound is slightly lacking Body. Perhaps it was worth slightly cutting Sub low frequencies to free up space for the range of 70-130 Hz.
4. I would also put a separate compression on MID and SIDE with a small range of influence and slightly different frequencies on MID and SIDE for better panoraming of sound. To do this, I use AR TG Mastering Waves plugin. I created a preset for myself so as not to pick up the settings every time. If required, I can send screenshots.

The rest is excellent. Great impression.
Hi Equilibrium! Many thanks for the detailed comments. Yes, I do agree on the kick not getting through in the mix. I will take on your notes and try another mix later on. Cheers!