Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Drag Me Down'
Hello everyone !

Just finished with this one. Nice song, I really enjoyed mixing it.

I created my own rythm guitar sound from the DIs provided. I felt that the original tone was kinda thin, too compressed. I wanted a more dark, heavy sound cause this song has already mid and high mid sounds like the synths and the cleaner guitars. So I used a Rockerverb 100 amp sim on the left channel and a Dual Rectifier type amp sim on the right channel.

In this mix I used a lot the Supercharger GT compressor from Native Instruments (On vocals, drums room, parallel comp. etc.). This thing is a beast, I have the free version that is basically a one knob plugin and I found myself using it a lot, so the GT version was the only way eventually. Now that NI plugins are in Plugin Alliance you can grab that thing with the monthly vouchers. Make sure to check it out.

Ofcourse I have a few plugins on my mix bus for eq,  saturation, compression and loudness.

Thanks for listening and please drop a comment. Cheers! Cool

.mp3    AdamBuckley_DragMeDown_MIX.mp3 --  (Download: 7.66 MB)

Great work MakisD!  I like this one alot.  Great balance, drive and build where required.  Well done!+
Dave
(11-09-2022, 07:02 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Great work MakisD!  I like this one alot.  Great balance, drive and build where required.  Well done!+
Dave
Dave thanks a lot ! I appriciate it!