Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Escarràs - No Limits (Hein-Ivan Mix)
A fine song and fun to mix. Thanks for listening and any comments. Cheers!

.mp3    Escarràs - No Limits (Hein-Ivan Mix).mp3 --  (Download: 6.87 MB)

Hi Heinim!
With my eyes closed I could guess that this mix is yours. Have an own sound is really important!! Bravo
For my taste, maybe I need a bit more impact on drums.
The rest is cool
Cheers!
Pep from Pepus Estudi
Bus-Comp Warm-Audio, Focal Alpha 80, Klark Teknik 76-KT, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, X Touch One Behringer, Arturia MiniLab mkII, 
Mackie Big Knob, Sonarworks SoundID Reference,
Cakewalk by Bandlab
(03-09-2022, 03:10 PM)supep Wrote: Hi Heinim!
With my eyes closed I could guess that this mix is yours. Have an own sound is really important!! Bravo
For my taste, maybe I need a bit more impact on drums.
The rest is cool
Cheers!
Hi supep! Many thanks for the comments and yes, I do try to get my own sound on mixes, for me, that's important and that's why I love this library so we can learn from mixing different style of music provided to us from CMT. Cheers!
Hi heinim,

there's not much i can say.
Maybe the backing vocals are too burried?

Cheers!
(26-10-2022, 11:57 PM)hobbyist Wrote: Hi heinim,

there's not much i can say.
Maybe the backing vocals are too burried?

Cheers!
Hello hobbyist! Thanks for the feedback, maybe later on I can look into that. Cheers!
Very good mix. A few things I notice. I think your mix is a bit top end rich (~2-3.5kHz) coming from the guitar, the snap of the snare and the hats. I'd cut on the guitar/hats instead to preserve the snap of the snare. The snare sounds heavy but lack the bounce, the way the sustain of the snare rise up after the hit (I am sure you know about the 4 components of any sound AttackDecaySustainRelease) and I think it should be louder, more commanding. A shorter release or a longer attack on the comp sometimes solve that problem. I'd concentrate on the release tho. The bass loses power and steadiness as the song gets progressively denser, from 1:00 on. I suspect the limiter is the culprit. It sounds like the bass dips a bit whenever the snare (or anything that's loud enough to trigger the limiter) hits, but that's for you to find out. And as it gets denser the bongos get buried quite deep. I know they are there but my ears can barely latch on to it. They might need a bit more attack to cut thru, especially the cowbell (who doesn't love the cowbell, right?). The power guitars (play power chords once every measure) are not beefy enough. Maybe the HP move is a bit deep. They are a bit thin losing out the valuable sustain with which gives the mix more power. I love the kick. As usual these are just my opinions. You are the boss of your mix. Hope it helps. Cheers! P.s. I am working on mine now. You can check it out if you want later on to see if I am able to achieve all that. Thanks
(29-10-2022, 04:22 AM)SonicTramp Wrote: Very good mix. A few things I notice. I think your mix is a bit top end rich (~2-3.5kHz) coming from the guitar, the snap of the snare and the hats. I'd cut on the guitar/hats instead to preserve the snap of the snare. The snare sounds heavy but lack the bounce, the way the sustain of the snare rise up after the hit (I am sure you know about the 4 components of any sound AttackDecaySustainRelease) and I think it should be louder, more commanding. A shorter release or a longer attack on the comp sometimes solve that problem. I'd concentrate on the release tho. The bass loses power and steadiness as the song gets progressively denser, from 1:00 on. I suspect the limiter is the culprit. It sounds like the bass dips a bit whenever the snare (or anything that's loud enough to trigger the limiter) hits, but that's for you to find out. And as it gets denser the bongos get buried quite deep. I know they are there but my ears can barely latch on to it. They might need a bit more attack to cut thru, especially the cowbell (who doesn't love the cowbell, right?). The power guitars (play power chords once every measure) are not beefy enough. Maybe the HP move is a bit deep. They are a bit thin losing out the valuable sustain with which gives the mix more power. I love the kick. As usual these are just my opinions. You are the boss of your mix. Hope it helps. Cheers! P.s. I am working on mine now. You can check it out if you want later on to see if I am able to achieve all that. Thanks
Hello SonicTramp!  Many thanks for  the detailed comments. I do agree on the HP issue, it was a bit too much and also the limiting I need to examine that further. Anyway, thanks, and I will listen to your mix later on. Cheers!