Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daimon B - Pain Remains
Very cool song. Thanks for the multi-tracks
Hope the drums are not too loud, and overall it's not too compressed, although I think it needs to be...Smile

Let me know your thoughts

Edit (v1 R02)
Brightening up the guitars 
Overall subtle distortion on mix-bus
(Trying out Weiss MM-1 Maximizer)

Cheers

.mp3    Diamon B - Pain Remains v1 R01.mp3 --  (Download: 6.5 MB)

.mp3    Diamond B - Pain Remains v1 R02.mp3 --  (Download: 6.5 MB)

MacPro 5,1 - Monteret | UAD Apollo Twin | AKG - K701 | Reaper | LUNA
Solid mix!!
My Gear:

Studio One 4
Focusrite Saffire
Art Stereo compressor
Qcon controller
Yamaha HS8 monitors
Beyer Dynamic DT770 pro
Soundtracs Topaz 24 analog mixer
Howdy! I like your mix, but stuff feels a little dark. I like the overall balance the majority of the time, but there's not much going on over 8khz in the mix. The drums also sound really dry. You might do with some verb on them, or a blend of more room in them. I feel like overall, there could be a lot more going on in the highs, and there's a little bit of a buzz at 4khz. It's a good balance though, and that's 90% of the battle!
(31-08-2022, 09:08 PM)brady85 Wrote: Solid mix!!
Thanks brady85, for listening and for your feedback
(01-09-2022, 12:25 AM)aftercutrecords Wrote: Howdy! I like your mix, but stuff feels a little dark. I like the overall balance the majority of the time, but there's not much going on over 8khz in the mix. The drums also sound really dry. You might do with some verb on them, or a blend of more room in them. I feel like overall, there could be a lot more going on in the highs, and there's a little bit of a buzz at 4khz. It's a good balance though, and that's 90% of the battle!

Thanks for listening and for your feedback,
Guess I was paying too much attention to the low-end of the track, and forgot about the overall balance. Also I've noticed that in some quiet moments everything is coming up-front, so I guess there's too much compression coming from that low-end. 
Will revise the mix
Cheers