Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error 404 - Sean Steven Mix
Hey Guys,
Can I get some constructive criticism on this mix please?
Thanks!

Sean

.mp3    Error 404 - Final.mp3 --  (Download: 6.43 MB)

I like your mix, some small things.

- the Room on the drums, maybe cut some of the lows so the drums don't sound so hollow. I think the rest of the instruments will have more space in the mix.
- the lead vocals don't really sit in the mix In my opinion. you might wanna lower them a little bit.
- the bass guitar can be dirtier but that's taste.
My Gear:

Studio One 4
Focusrite Saffire
Art Stereo compressor
Qcon controller
Yamaha HS8 monitors
Beyer Dynamic DT770 pro
Soundtracs Topaz 24 analog mixer
(01-09-2022, 11:47 PM)brady85 Wrote: I like your mix, some small things.

- the Room on the drums, maybe cut some of the lows so the drums don't sound so hollow. I think the rest of the instruments will have more space in the mix.
- the lead vocals don't really sit in the mix In my opinion. you might wanna lower them a little bit.
- the bass guitar can be dirtier but that's taste.

Hey, Thanks!

I will definitely try out your suggestions in another attempt. Those guitars were a bit weird to tame so I choose the DI  and went clean....well, cleaner than usual on the bass or else a little more dirt and grit otherwise and you're right, it's subjective. I think that's the new Bogren STD one knob in dirty mode believe or not in one of the bass tracks. 

Thanks for the feedback! Definitely a tough crowd in here.

Sean
Bogren STD one knob, love that plugin!!
My Gear:

Studio One 4
Focusrite Saffire
Art Stereo compressor
Qcon controller
Yamaha HS8 monitors
Beyer Dynamic DT770 pro
Soundtracs Topaz 24 analog mixer
(02-09-2022, 07:07 PM)brady85 Wrote: Bogren STD one knob, love that plugin!!

And the Rev C!  I paired that as well with the Neural DSP Grano! Both are tight AF together with my own shit.

Instant, if that’s what you’re looking for. Hell, dude is straight up good at dialling in what sits well in the mix. It will to be my go to for a bit I’m sure
Sean, please mind your language as per the forum rules. Thanks.
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!