Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catch The Wave
Fun! Mixed in Logic

.mp3    Catch The Wave.mp3 --  (Download: 3.95 MB)

Hi!

Not bad.

I think there's a bit of a frequency build up around the 250Hz mark perhaps? Dipping that out cleans this mix up a lot for me, and enables the kick to cut through a bit better.

I found with this one you can be really quite bold with the high pass, both to clean things up and also to get everything sitting in their spot frequency wise. I found in a lot of cases cutting out all the low end of reverb so you have just the top end of the reverb sitting behind the vocals, and other little things like that also helped a lot.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(02-09-2022, 07:16 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

Not bad. 

I think there's a bit of a frequency build up around the 250Hz mark perhaps?  Dipping that out cleans this mix up a lot for me, and enables the kick to cut through a bit better. 

I found with this one you can be really quite bold with the high pass, both to clean things up and also to get everything sitting in their spot frequency wise.  I found in a lot of cases cutting out all the low end of reverb so you have just the top end of the reverb sitting behind the vocals, and other little things like that also helped a lot.

Cheers!
Hi Mike,

I'll definitely make some adjustments on the mentioned frequency. I mixed it down with a pair of Audio Tecnica m50x as my pair of speakers aren't' setup yet. I appreciate the feedback about my approach. I basically did some subtle hi-pass on kick, snare, bass,  a bit on guitars, and probably the synths.

On this new approach I cut down some of the 250hz in the master eq. I also added about 1.5db on the top end of the mix. While also doing some technical eq adjustments to the rest of the mix.

.mp3    Catch The Wave Revised 1.mp3 --  (Download: 3.95 MB)