Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angela Thomas Wade: 'Milk Cow Blues' (Fun new hobby)
Hi, all this is actually my first post here, so great place.
It's a new hobby for me mixing, I will be happy for critics and tips on how I can enhance the song. 
Honestly, I'm soo new to this, And literally, I don't know what I'm doing, but I'm doing it as often as I can after work.
I think I overdo it butt I'm kind of stuck.

.mp3    AngelaThomasWade-MilkCowBlues.mp3 --  (Download: 8.06 MB)

Hi!

This is not bad at all for someone that says they don't know what they are doing Smile.

If you are worried about over doing it and are feeling stuck, I think you've picked a really good track to practice and experiment with.

The recorded tracks are actually in pretty good shape, and you can actually get a really good mix just from balancing the faders and panning things about a bit. Theres not too many tracks to juggle, but just enough to have some fun trying out different balances and panning schemes to see what works and what doesn't.

So that would be my tip. Use this track to get a good mix without using any effects and see how good you can get it, and print it. Then you can start adding eq, etc, and check it against the library mix and your earlier print to see how you are doing.

I hope that gives you some ideas of things to try that should get you on your way?

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(19-08-2022, 06:25 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

This is not bad at all for someone that says they don't know what they are doing Smile.

If you are worried about over doing it and are feeling stuck, I think you've picked a really good track to practice and experiment with. 

The recorded tracks are actually in pretty good shape, and you can actually get a really good mix just from balancing the faders and panning things about a bit.  Theres not too many tracks to juggle, but just enough to have some fun trying out different balances and panning schemes to see what works and what doesn't. 

So that would be my tip. Use this track to get a good mix without using any effects and see how good you can get it, and print it.  Then you can start adding eq, etc, and check it against the library mix and your earlier print to see how you are doing.

I hope that gives you some ideas of things to try that should get you on your way?

Cheers!
Actually, it is an awesome tip, I can see how this will help me.
All the effects and processing can and probably will, hide some mistakes, mud etc. 
Achieving a good balance with no additive FX will give me headroom to make it even better with FX.

Thanks a lot for the advice.