Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Western Den - Like You Do
Hi,

My attempt.

Cheers!

.mp3    The Western Den - Like You Do.mp3 --  (Download: 10.2 MB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
I really like the guitar, vocals, and especially the keys, but I'm not big on the drum sound–the kick is very dry and clicky but the snare sounds like it's coming out of a radio across the room–and I feel like the horn and violin could use some air
Hi!

Hmm. Fair comment!

For this mix I recall my focus was really just on the vocals - trying to get them really up front and seeing what I could get out of them, along with the keys. I think it was that vocal and the arpeggios on the keys that caught my ear on listening to the library mix.

I didn't really have much of a vision for the rest, so I didn't give the other parts much attention and I just tucked everything else in behind the the vocal - which in hindsight I can see was a bit of a mistake.

There is probably a lot more that can be brought out of those other parts and I should maybe have another go at this one to see if I can give equal attention to all parts and make more of a full band mix out of it. I think the drums starts out being played with a brush and are quite atmospheric, and then switches to sticks -all of which I missed and certainly failed to get across. Like wise I'm sure more can be got out of the violin part too.

I'll try and give your mix a listen tomorrow.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!