Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saturn Syndicate - Catch The Wave (Tete)
There goes my mix, I hope you like it

.mp3    Saturn Syndicate - Catch The Wave.mp3 --  (Download: 9.71 MB)

Hi Tete, your mix is really solid but the main vocals sound a bit weird, did you use some clipping or distortion on the vocals? Could be taste but I think it doesn't really fit the song.

Overall really good mix !

please check out my mix :https://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showthread.php?tid=44126
My Gear:

Studio One 4
Focusrite Saffire
Art Stereo compressor
Qcon controller
Yamaha HS8 monitors
Beyer Dynamic DT770 pro
Soundtracs Topaz 24 analog mixer
Hey Brady, how's it going?
I always use distortion for almost all tracks, otherwise it would sound like that Wink but maybe on vocals it's a bit excessive. I'll try to check it out but I think I converted the plugins to audio by cpu.
Thanks for the comments, I'll keep it in mind for the next one
Hi Tete!
Good job. I think that the mix needs more lows and less distortion.
Cheers
Pep from Pepus Estudi
Bus-Comp Warm-Audio, Focal Alpha 80, Klark Teknik 76-KT, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, X Touch One Behringer, Arturia MiniLab mkII, 
Mackie Big Knob, Sonarworks SoundID Reference,
Cakewalk by Bandlab
Good afternoon friend.
I have compared it with other songs of this style and the bass levels are correct
I don't know if you have downloaded any song with the separate tracks? You should hear the distortion levels?
There is a page on the internet where there are thousands of famous songs with all the tracks separately
Thanks for the comments.
I have mastered the second version with a Studer Revox B77 to use that glue and sound more 80's style.

.mp3    Saturn Syndicate - Catch The Wave (Revox).mp3 --  (Download: 9.7 MB)