Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PepperMix - It Was My Fault For Waiting
Sup guys!!

I actually love female-lead rock bands. when i listened to the preview of this song i was automatically hooked, and wanted to get the best mix for the song.

TBH, i didn't quite like the mix on this one. drums sound good (witch is 80% of the mix right there) but the other instruments are just weirdly produced. i mean, drums do have some big problems like horrible snare hits sometimes, but editing fixed that in no time. 

Rhythm guitar tones don't fit the song, the bass has NO high end AT ALL, and sometimes i think it's out of tune. had to do weird things to these bad boys so i have an "ok" mix.

As vocals goes, all pretty good! well recorded and composed, but had to do some minor editing. the choir ended up pretty good i'd say.

Open to a lot of critiques on this one, brazilian cheers for y'all Big Grin

.mp3    It Was My Fault For Waiting.mp3 --  (Download: 9.23 MB)

Peppermark

if it sounds good, do it bruh
Hi Peppermark,

I agree with the comment you made on Makisd's post. Your Cymbals represent a pro mix. People ask for comments then one gives them good pointers and they don't listen . Why they ask I don't know.

Only comment I have is, and I may be wrong because I am not in my studio, the guitars seem a tiny tiny bit low or they need eq'ed differently. Again I don't know but one thing I do know from these headphones I am on is your cymbals sound good in eq and balance.

I agree, most of these tracks on this site are terribly recorded because they are musicians not engineers in most cases today. So now it is fix it in the mix and that is just the reality where in my time, the 80's, we would send it back and say recorded again we can't mix it.

This drum recording needs samples and yes the guitar isn't the best either. That is why all engineers ask for a DI track when mixing and that is a standard today. So we now have to learn how to set up an amp as well. I am sure there were guys hat did that in the 80's but pretty much everyone knew how to do that if you were a guitarist we might just tweak it a bit but not the norm.

For the bass download a trial copy of ezbass. That is how I do it when I get terrible bass parts.

I can't remember if this was a bass amp or not. However if they gave a DI, DI's never really sound bad so I am assuming there is an amp. If a DI they messed it up.
Yes, you are on the right track!