Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teleport (mix) - any feedback appreciated
hey, this is my first post on here because this song is the kind of music I want to get into mixing. 
I would love to hear your thoughts, any feedback would be great to hear. 
 cheers!
[Image: smile.gif] 

.mp3    Teleport (quick mix).mp3 --  (Download: 7.19 MB)

Thanx george edwards for your feedback in my posrt, so here is my feedback in your post.

The goods:
-Balance between the track and vocals is quite good.
-Tonal balance of the vocals are pretty good I like it, they are not harsh and you can understand every word.
-The FX on the second vocals are good, to my taste are a little bit loud.

The bads:
-The low end I think is missing, you can push more low end in this track, you can do any parallel process like compression or saturation and add it underneath, be careful with the phase issues.
-The first vocal is too dry compare to the second vocal, the second vocal has very intersting FX and the first one doesnt, That's unfavorable for the cohesion of the track.

That's my opinion. Please don't get offended this is an honest opinion and I'm trying to be constructive. overall good work mate, keep it up!!!

Cheers!!
(10-08-2022, 06:17 AM)dna mx Wrote: Thanx george edwards for your feedback in my posrt, so here is my feedback in your post.

The goods:
-Balance between the track and vocals is quite good.
-Tonal balance of the vocals are pretty good I like it, they are not harsh and you can understand every word.
-The FX on the second vocals are good, to my taste are a little bit loud.

The bads:
-The low end I think is missing, you can push more low end in this track, you can do any parallel process like compression or saturation and add it underneath, be careful with the phase issues.
-The first vocal is too dry compare to the second vocal, the second vocal has very intersting FX and the first one doesnt, That's unfavorable for the cohesion of the track.

That's my opinion. Please don't get offended this is an honest opinion and I'm trying to be constructive. overall good work mate, keep it up!!!

Cheers!!
Hey, thanks for the feedback,
Now that I listen back with fresh ears, the low end could stand out more, and also cgood point about the first vocal being overly dry in comparison, I will think of ways to automate delays more to keep it more interesting
I will take this your feedback into account and keep improving as best I can!