Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Alright - Latin Mix
Hey,
For this mix I used my TASCAM 2488 instead of my DAW on PC. I just wanted to try something different, without Plugins and so on.
Tried to bring up the percussion and the AccGuitar more to the front.

I also changed the last chorus and removed the drumpart for some seconds. I think it sounds great (time: 02:35)

Greetings from Germany
Cool

Edit: Second Track is the new one with the double compressor removed

.mp3    I\'m Alright_.mp3 --  (Download: 3.42 MB)

.mp3    I\'m Alright_N.mp3 --  (Download: 3.4 MB)

youtube.de/DominikKristen
soundcloud.com/kilo-sound-productions
Hey! Unless you want to win the loudness war I think it would be good to greatly reduce the compression on the master Tongue It's so compressed that the dynamics are completely gone so it's really hard to discern all the different instruments. Plus, there's a lot of pumping going on from the compressor as a consequence
(07-08-2022, 01:23 PM)BobMix Wrote: Hey! Unless you want to win the loudness war I think it would be good to greatly reduce the compression on the master Tongue It's so compressed that the dynamics are completely gone so it's really hard to discern all the different instruments. Plus, there's a lot of pumping going on from the compressor as a consequence
Thx. Yepp... Already noticed it after listened to it on different devices. You're right. There's too much comp on it.  Dodgy
Argh... found the mistake.
There was a second compressor on the stereo bus I didn't noticed.
Now it should be better with only one.

.mp3    I\'m Alright_N.mp3 --  (Download: 3.4 MB)

Hehe, it happens Tongue Yeah, this is so much better already! I can hear individual instruments, woohooo
Hi!

Listening to I'm Alright_N, I feel you've perhaps got some slight overall frequency balance issues. To me, the mix seems to have a fair amount of bass and a lot of top end - especially around 14k, and not so much in the way of mids. I feel the mids are a bit too scooped (centered around 800hz-ish). Might be worth having a look at, as I feel this would sound pretty good if that could be addressed. This is not an easy one to mix.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
thank you very much for your assessment. yes, that's what I almost thought. the first attempts sounded very dull. I finally added an EQ to the stereo sum and raised the highs a bit. ok maybe that was a bit too much of a good thing.

It is a good example for listening on different devices and of course of different people.