Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Doppler Shift: 'Atrophy'
rough mix_master

harrison&ozone&t-racks
Hi Mammy, nice snare drum sound - big and fat!

Overall, the mix needs a little better basic balances. The vocals feel very recessed, the snare drum is really loud, and the kick and overheads are quite low. I can't really hear much of the toms - they play a fairly big role in the verse groove of the song.....The guitar feels about right, but both the guitars and bass are a little heavy in the low mids... So the song at present is really being lead by the snare drum, and the mix overall is very dark and lacking some clarity.

One other thing to mention is that apart from the synths and the reverbs, the mix seems for the most part to be mono. It would be nice to make a bit more use of the stereo field with the other elements.

I realise this is rough mix, so maybe these are a few things you can address when you get around to finishing it.
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
(17-12-2022, 01:20 AM)FytaKyte Wrote: Hi Mammy, nice snare drum sound - big and fat!

Overall, the mix needs a little better basic balances.  The vocals feel very recessed, the snare drum is really loud, and the kick and overheads are quite low.  I can't really hear much of the toms - they play a fairly big role in the verse groove of the song.....The guitar feels about right, but both the guitars and bass are a little heavy in the low mids...  So the song at present is really being lead by the snare drum, and the mix overall is very dark and lacking some clarity.

One other thing to mention is that apart from the synths and the reverbs, the mix seems for the most part to be mono.  It would be nice to make a bit more use of the stereo field with the other elements.

I realise this is rough mix, so maybe these are a few things you can address when you get around to finishing it.

Thank you very much spending your time and for your comments FytaKyte.I agree with you.I mixed  this song long time ago .When I decide to remix this song I gonna turn back here and read your comments again.Thank you very much .
Little details always gives inspiration to change your perspective