Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sören - A Little Late
Hi,

My mix.

Cheers!

.mp3    Sören - A Little Late.mp3 --  (Download: 7.65 MB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
A quick listen but the vocals may be a bit too wet. There's something about the busy-ness of the song and how it's sung that already seem to make the vocals a little 'blurry' and hard to decipher and the verb exacerbates that a bit. Not to say it should be fully dry but the double lead vocals and the harmony already create an 'effect'. I'm not sure if the current effect could come back or if it needs to be tweaked or what not. It's a cool sound but it might get in the way.

Other than that nothing really jumps out at me. Maybe a little less cowbell? It feels distracting. At least at the top.
(06-08-2022, 02:16 PM)roy Wrote: A quick listen but the vocals may be a bit too wet. There's something about the busy-ness of the song and how it's sung that already seem to make the vocals a little 'blurry' and hard to decipher and the verb exacerbates that a bit.

For me, that's the whole vibe of this track, and is exactly my intent. Leaning more towards dream-pop I suppose.

Quote:Other than that nothing really jumps out at me. Maybe a little less cowbell? It feels distracting. At least at the top.

Honestly, I think more cowbell is the only prescription.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!