Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
ul-mix
i hope you like it Big Grin one down alot more to goTongue the mix is before mastering so bring up the volume

.mp3    ul-mix AngelaThomasWade 17 04 12.mp3 --  (Download: 3.15 MB)

Another nice widescreen mix here, uzilevi, with lots of airy details and a great sense of blend and ambience. The vocal balancing is pretty solid too, without that printed-in reverb really causing problems, and you've done a good job of evening out the bass track as well.

Is it possible you might have overcooked the mix's top octave -- it feels a touch crispy to me overall. I'd be tempted to rein in the overheads in that area in particularly, as they seem rather too upfront to me at the moment. I also wonder whether there's actually space for a bit more piano warmth in there. I like the way you're willing to be ruthless about EQing for masking-reduction, but in that particular case I think you could maybe afford to shave a little less close! Smile

The snare resonance I mentioned in the 'About This Multitrack' sticky feels like it's a bit too prominent at points (its level is by no means consistent in the raw track, of course), for example during the guitar solo at 1:27 and during the following "sail on" section -- it just seems to clash with the harmony rather uncomfortably for me. If you think it matters, then it should be easy to duck out with an EQ notch with negligible side-effects on the overall snare tone.
hi mike thanks for saying that there are a need for fixing but i cant realy hear the problem on the sner i will listen in solo my be i will hear it.
(02-05-2012, 06:46 PM)uzilevi Wrote: hi mike thanks for saying that there are a need for fixing but i cant realy hear the problem on the sner i will listen in solo my be i will hear it.

Try setting up an EQ notching on 310Hz, and then dropping it in and out -- it'll make it more obvious.
Hi ul-mix

I like your mix. A light mix just as I believe it was intended to be. It is my personal taste to have the vocals stand out a touch more but not too much. Perhaps the snare is pushing the vocals down some.
Anyway. Good job!

I will putting my mix up shortly and I hope you will swing by and give my mix a review.

Later
Ian Scott Stewart

Yea snare is a little grating. Just tame those overheads. Otherwise very nice. Haven't touched this mix yet, but can't wait to try to deal with this alleged printed reverb.
soundcloud.com/joepalumbo
Nicely done mix! What did you do? Hehehe
I really like your snare!!!!!
(04-04-2014, 08:25 PM)GrosBob Wrote: I really like your snare!!!!!

Yeah XD the best part of the mix, how did he do that? but is a little bit too loud