Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Saturn Syndicate - Catch The Wave
roy Wrote:Sorry. I didn't get any notifications that his had been updated until this morning. Yeah, Mix 3 feels better. 

Thanks, it was a good call.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Hi Mikej.kick seems long sustained and high in the mix.Snare drum needs low-mid .Bass guitar is a bit low frequency loaded .It is hard to please everybody Mike.People can find some mistakes in the great mix in this platform. Cheers!  Big Grin
Hi,

It's ok, thanks for your comments. I'm guessing your monitoring probably goes quite low.

Not sure about kick being too long, but there could be a bit too much low end going on in the kick and the bass, lets see...

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Hi!

Does mix 4.0 kick sound better or no different?

Cheers!
Hi mikej, I really like the 80's kinda sound you created. I had fun listening to all your versions. 4.0 for me sounds really good, It has that Synthwave feel. There was 1 little thing. the vocals in the second chorus sounded louder than the first and last chorus... listened 3 times.. still, the second chorus felt louder?

But overall, What a mix! really enjoyed it.

Please check out mine: https://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/show...?tid=44126
My Gear:

Studio One 4
Focusrite Saffire
Art Stereo compressor
Qcon controller
Yamaha HS8 monitors
Beyer Dynamic DT770 pro
Soundtracs Topaz 24 analog mixer
Hi Mikej!
reaaly good mix (v4). For my taste, I think that synths are cutted too much on highs. This is making a mix a bit loaded on middles.
Nice!
Cheers
Pep from Pepus Estudi
Bus-Comp Warm-Audio, Focal Alpha 80, Klark Teknik 76-KT, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, X Touch One Behringer, Arturia MiniLab mkII, 
Mackie Big Knob, Sonarworks SoundID Reference,
Cakewalk by Bandlab
(16-08-2022, 11:04 PM)brady85 Wrote: Hi mikej, I really like the 80's kinda sound you created. I had fun listening to all your versions. 4.0 for me sounds really good, It has that Synthwave feel. There was 1 little thing. the vocals in the second chorus sounded louder than the first and last chorus... listened 3 times.. still, the second chorus felt louder?

Thanks! Yeah you are right about the chorus vocal. Good shout! I think the issue was I'd automated the vocal too low for the last chorus. I've added an updated mix, v5.0. Better? Some good ears commenting in this thread.

Cheers!
(17-08-2022, 06:59 PM)supep Wrote: Hi Mikej!
reaaly good mix (v4). For my taste, I think that synths are cutted too much on highs. This is making a mix a bit loaded on middles.
Nice!
Cheers

Thanks supep! Not sure if I feel if it's the synths, or not quite enough air on the vocal. I think I'm getting what you mean though! I'll maybe try and have a play around with it a bit tomorrow if I get a few minutes.

Cheers!
(17-08-2022, 08:22 PM)mikej Wrote:
(16-08-2022, 11:04 PM)brady85 Wrote: Hi mikej, I really like the 80's kinda sound you created. I had fun listening to all your versions. 4.0 for me sounds really good, It has that Synthwave feel. There was 1 little thing. the vocals in the second chorus sounded louder than the first and last chorus... listened 3 times.. still, the second chorus felt louder?

Thanks! Yeah you are right about the chorus vocal.  Good shout!  I think the issue was I'd automated the vocal too low for the last chorus.  I've added an updated mix, v5.0. Better?  Some good ears commenting in this thread.

Cheers!
yes ! I still hear the volume boost but it's subtle now.  Big Grin
My Gear:

Studio One 4
Focusrite Saffire
Art Stereo compressor
Qcon controller
Yamaha HS8 monitors
Beyer Dynamic DT770 pro
Soundtracs Topaz 24 analog mixer
Well, that was the plan to be subtle but I guess I'm well and truly busted on that one now!  Actually if you check the waveform the real secret is the 2db difference between the intro, verse and chorus Big Grin.

Cheers!