Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Sören - A little late
HI, here is my try on this fun track.
Feedback welcome, any kind.
Thank you
Phil

.mp3    Sören - A little late-001.mp3 --  (Download: 7.58 MB)

.mp3    Sören - A little late-002.mp3 --  (Download: 7.58 MB)

.mp3    Sören - A little late-003.mp3 --  (Download: 7.6 MB)

Hey , phil_basement , This is by no means a bad mix Its just too compressed frequency balances seems good from the get go but everything is just smashed , I urge you to go back to the mix and back off all your compressors and check the result. Cheers!
(01-08-2022, 04:53 PM)latanielvss. Wrote: Hey , phil_basement , This is by no means a bad mix Its just too compressed frequency balances seems good from the get go but everything is just smashed , I urge you to go back to the mix and back off all your compressors and check the result. Cheers!
Hi latanielvss, thank you for the feedback, I think you are right, I posted a second try. 

Also I would like to understand how did you process bass and kick in your mix, I liked it very much.
Hey phil , the second mix is much better sounding , still some distortion going on here and there mostly on the cymbals (are those compressed?) also i would center the background vocals as they already have a full stereo image so no need to pan those. In my mix all i did was add high mid top and bottom at 60 on the kick, bass was dipped at 500, compressed and Waves RBass was used at 60hz with L1 at the end. Thats pretty much it. Although I should say alot of my mix overall sound comes from my two buss.
new version (3) posted
a bit thin imo, but there is alot of clarity which i like overall a good mix