Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brennon Causey Mixing - 'Catch The Wavev2'
Really fun song, I love alot of synths Smile

v2 Fixed some things, less snare, more bass, Little more high end in places and some reverb added

.mp3    Catch The Wave.mp3 --  (Download: 9.66 MB)

.mp3    Catch The Wavev2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.66 MB)

that snare is very snappy possibly too much for this though, its a little muddy the bass lacks a bit of definition, great tone on the guitars, generally a bit dark especially the vocal its more noticable at lower volumes, just needs some fine tuning on balance and bass tightening for me but not far off
(30-07-2022, 06:56 AM)Ys Man Wrote: that snare is very snappy possibly too much for this though, its a little muddy the bass lacks a bit of definition, great tone on the guitars, generally a bit dark especially the vocal its more noticable at lower volumes, just needs some fine tuning on balance and bass tightening for me but not far off
Thanks for taking the time to listen, and agreed! I made some adjustments for v2 Smile
Sounds good from the off but the vocal still sounds a little suppressed, especially at 0.23 when the synths come in it needs more air, the snare could actually come up a little more now somewhere in between the 2 its got some nice crack to it which has sort of gone now but was too much in the first, again i really like the guitars. bass sounds good here but might be a bit much with a subby system. Sorry if im being picky mate i just dont see the point in not giving honest feedback its a good mix fundamentally