Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catch the wave
Here is my first pass at a static mix, hope you like it

.mp3    SS_CatchTheWave.mp3 --  (Download: 12.29 MB)

.mp3    SS_CatchTheWave v2.mp3 --  (Download: 12.29 MB)

.mp3    SS_CatchTheWave v3.mp3 --  (Download: 9.92 MB)

is it me or is this heavily compressed? some slight phasing on the vocals barely noticable, some nice ambience going on but not a fan of the low end sound and the hats stand out in a distracting way for me, alot is maybe down to taste though
(30-07-2022, 07:03 AM)Ys Man Wrote: is it me or is this heavily compressed? some slight phasing on the vocals barely noticable, some nice ambience going on but not a fan of the low end sound and the hats stand out in a distracting way for me, alot is maybe down to taste though
Hi, thanks so much for the feedback. Im just uploading a v2 with some tweaks to address a couple of the things you mention
Listened to number 2 mate, i find it hard to explain what im hearing but nothing sounds up front, almost like theres reverb on the bass or the whole thing. Sorry i cant be more precise, it could just be the bass doing it to be honest.
(31-07-2022, 12:43 PM)Ys Man Wrote: Listened to number 2 mate, i find it hard to explain what im hearing but nothing sounds up front, almost like theres reverb on the bass or the whole thing. Sorry i cant be more precise, it could just be the bass doing it to be honest.
strange, i have made some final tweaks, uploading a v3
I like how you went for the win on this mix, writing as im listening to mix 1. I really like the guts to slam it to make it feel modern. I think you couldv nailed it if you equed out a bit of harsh higher mids in the snare and a couple of other stuf after you had mastered it. I think its almost there , if you had some more dynamics left in the upper mids 2k area i think this one could'v been really good, so if you had gone for bitt slower attack on masterbusscomp and then equed out the poky frequencies in afterhand it would been nice.