Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A Little Late Mix+Master
So I decided to give mastering a go and I can't say I am happy with the result but we learn as we go Smile sorry for the low volume both files are somewhat level matched. "Loud" master included.

.mp3    A Little Late Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.65 MB)

.mp3    A Little Late Master.mp3 --  (Download: 7.65 MB)

.mp3    A Little Late Master -9.2 LUFS-I.mp3 --  (Download: 7.65 MB)

hi there, very nice job. I like the master one!
Hey! I'm the artist/mixer of that song and I really like your balance, good job! Just a few thoughts that jumped to my head (after listening to the fist version, not the mastered ones): You managed to get the mix way cleaner and separated than I did, I like the kick drums presence, I like the vocals sibilances, they sound better than mine, they are greatly controlled, smooth but still sharp and I bite my ass that I didn't had the idea of that reversed reverb at the beginning.

A few changes I would ask for would be: I'd like the sound to be a litte more wet, I'd especially wanted the vocals and solo saxophone to be more "buried" in reverb/delay, I'd like the bass to have more low end and the refrains to stand out a little more (maybe increasing the overall volume of all refrains by 1db does the trick?). Also I've noticed that the background vocals sound a little weird sometimes from minute 2:20.

Overall good job!
Hey Soren , I got what you were going for but looks like I under did it with the reverb and fx. And I dont understand what is meant by more low end? Should I shift it lower or higher , Maybe just add volume? As for the BV's i noticed it sounds almost cut up from 2:20 I thought that was the intended effect but i guess not. Good Music man very chill , Thanks for sharing it with us to learn from. Cheers!
Changes made under the directive of Soren.

.mp3    A Little Late Mix V2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.84 MB)

(04-08-2022, 09:55 PM)latanielvss. Wrote: Changes made under the directive of Soren.

Sorry I didn't had the time to reply earlier. Sounds absolutely great, I love it! Great job!