Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Narcisist
second version

.mp3    Narcisist.mp3 --  (Download: 11.04 MB)

.mp3    Narcisist.2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.04 MB)

Hey there! I love the dynamics of this mix and the overall flow. I also adore that you didn't take the easy way out and just scoop all the midrange (to the detriment of the song). There's just a couple things I would fix up to make it THAT much better.

-There's a spiky click in the drums that actually conflicts with the decently tamed frequency ranges in the guitars. If you were to clean out some 2k to 6khz in the drums, and boost some lows on them, it would sound great. The cymbals especially sound kinda harsh in that area moreso.
-The orchestration and the guitars conflict in the 1.2khz area. I'd probably cut it in the guitars a bit just to make space for the orchestration.
-The kick doesn't feel very thick. Try boosting some 60hz or so on it.
-The mix feels SUPER upper-midrange focused as opposed to feeling somewhat hyped in the lows and highs like I'd expect from a metal track like this. However, the mix is pretty much perfect for the orchestration at the end. I just feel like the basses could up in the low end to make the ending feel darker or warmer. They have natural 80hz tone, which adds to the menace.

Overall, I like your mix a lot! I think it's good. It just needs a tonal shift to bring the power to the low end and lower mids instead of the conflict in the upper mids.
Thanks for feedback! version 2 with slight changes. Not sure if it's better but I cut some 2-6k on the drums.
Hi!
I listened the second version. I like the mix. Maybe the gtrs sounds a litlle honky on midrange.
Anyway, good job.
Cheers
Pep from Pepus Estudi
Bus-Comp Warm-Audio, Focal Alpha 80, Klark Teknik 76-KT, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, X Touch One Behringer, Arturia MiniLab mkII, 
Mackie Big Knob, Sonarworks SoundID Reference,
Cakewalk by Bandlab