Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
crownoise - Catch the wave
For some reason this was a challange, everything sounded really good and what a song just love it!. Saturn Syndicate man, they really deliver :O! I went fast on this one , since everything sounded well i didn't feel the need to figure this one out, so i went for volume and equing/saturation. When she sings it gets a tiny middy at some spots but didnt want to alter the vox to much because it goes in and out so i left it like that and think it kinda works so nothing major but i would recommed trying to automate some of that 3 to 4k in the vox at some few spots (mostly at the "E's"), just a heads up. Fun to hear yours,  cheers Smile.

.mp3    catch the wave.mp3 --  (Download: 9.87 MB)

I noticed i mustv missed the bass intro thing haha but ye Tongue
very mid and harsh sounding, almost like an inverted smile eq, there a lack of sub frequencies and probably overdone on saturation for my taste
(28-07-2022, 04:17 PM)Ys Man Wrote: very mid and harsh sounding, almost like an inverted smile eq, there a lack of sub frequencies and probably overdone on saturation for my taste
Rookie mistake is having 2 much bass, but i do think this is a little on the harsher side yes. I have very bassheavy headphones atm i think Smile, but still i like cleaner mixes.
(28-07-2022, 04:28 PM)crownoise Wrote:
(28-07-2022, 04:17 PM)Y Wrote: very mid and harsh sounding, almost like an inverted smile eq, there a lack of sub frequencies and probably overdone on saturation for my taste
Rookie mistake is having 2 much bass, but i do think this is a little on the harsher side yes. I have very bassheavy headphones atm i think Smile, but still i like cleaner mixes.
the headphones must be boosted cause the sub fequencies are almost non existant, it has a nice punch but fundamental problems which i think for you and your mixes in general would improve with better monitoring
(28-07-2022, 04:39 PM)Ys Man Wrote:
(28-07-2022, 04:17 PM)Y Wrote: very mid and harsh sounding, almost like an inverted smile eq, there a lack of sub frequencies and probably overdone on saturation for my taste
the headphones must be boosted cause the sub fequencies are almost non existant, it has a nice punch but fundamental problems which i think for you and your mixes in general would improve with better monitoring
Or your ears are tired cuz i can hear the subs Smile But its on the cleaner side yes, i dont have that much subs. You mix is veeery muddy dude.
(28-07-2022, 07:00 PM)crownoise Wrote:
(28-07-2022, 04:39 PM)Y Wrote:
Or your ears are tired cuz i can hear the subs Smile But its on the cleaner side yes, i dont have that much subs.
fair enough, theres nothing wrong with my ears mate the problems exist in all your mixes, its just constructive criticism if youre going to disagree everytime theres no point posting
(28-07-2022, 07:03 PM)Ys Man Wrote:
Or your ears are tired cuz i can hear the subs Smile But its on the cleaner side yes, i dont have that much subs.
fair enough, theres nothing wrong with my ears mate the problems exist in all your mixes, its just constructive criticism if youre going to disagree everytime theres no point posting
i just do it for fun Smile I agree on it being a bit bass shy but its not a big problem, id rather have a bit thin sounding mixes then overly bassy and muddy once. Smile.
(28-07-2022, 07:06 PM)crownoise Wrote:
(28-07-2022, 07:03 PM)Y Wrote:
(28-07-2022, 04:28 PM)crownoise Wrote: Rookie mistake is having 2 much bass, but i do think this is a little on the harsher side yes. I have very bassheavy headphones atm i think Smile, but still i like cleaner mixes.
i just do it for fun Smile I agree on it being a bit bass shy but its not a big problem, id rather have a bit thin sounding mixes then overly bassy and muddy once. Smile.
this isnt clean your monitoring is very poor simple as that even on earbuds its obvious, if you thought mine was muddy then should of said in the thread maybe
How about a visual? might make you listen

Thumbnail(s)