Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I made a lot of editing correction

Comments:

- Edited tempo of some tracks;
- The voice was the hardest part. There is a lot of noise and timbre changes;
- I used the Izotope Rx for some noise in the voice.
- The chorus of the song was difficult to make it "wide" and open in the stereo image because several guitar tracks make the sound "fuzzy, without definition".

Recall:

- Gate on the snare for hi-hat control (this changed the drum sound).
- Some automation adjustments.

.mp3    Master -6lu_Zeno - Signs.mp3 --  (Download: 8.81 MB)

.mp3    Recall -6lu_Zeno - Signs.mp3 --  (Download: 8.81 MB)

GEARS
  • Macosx Big Sur / i5-10600KF / 16gb Ram / Nvme 512gb (OS) + SSD 1tb + HDD 4gb
  • Logic Pro 10.7.4
  • Soundcraft 22 MTK / Roland Quad-Capture
  • M-audio BX8
  • Main Plugins: Arturia and Plugin Alliance
Hi!

Nice work!

I'm guessing you've put a lot of effort into this. I do feel sometimes there is a danger of losing the vibe of a track if you do too much polishing and production work, but glad to say that is definitely not the case here. The contrast of the more mono guitar before the chorus really works well to enhance the effect of the stereo field opening up when the chorus comes in.

Couple of thoughts:

Synth part (or something) around 2:55 could maybe come up in the mix as I think the track loses just a bit too much energy at that point for me, although I do realise you also want to hold back a bit so the next section has impact.

With the library mix, the bass doesn't come in until the first verse which I feel helps to create a more defined intro section to the track and also adds an extra layer of build in the dynamics.

Overall I think this mix is really high quality, and I enjoyed the listen.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(25-07-2022, 10:49 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

Nice work!

I'm guessing you've put a lot of effort into this.  I do feel sometimes there is a danger of losing the vibe of a track if you do too much polishing and production work, but glad to say that is definitely not the case here.  The contrast of the more mono guitar before the chorus really works well to enhance the effect of the stereo field opening up when the chorus comes in.

Couple of thoughts:

Synth part (or something) around 2:55 could maybe come up in the mix as I think the track loses just a bit too much energy at that point for me, although I do realise you also want to hold back a bit so the next section has impact.

With the library mix, the bass doesn't come in until the first verse which I feel helps to create a more defined intro section to the track and also adds an extra layer of build in the dynamics.

Overall I think this mix is really high quality, and I enjoyed the listen.

Cheers!

Thanks for the comment! I'm glad you liked the mix.
I felt the chorus was in need of more contrast to the other sections. I chose to make the guitar of the previous section more "mono", and also inserted a "tambourine" in the chorus that is helping in 8khz and in the stereo opening (it's very subtle).

On the synthbass at "2:55s", I did a "filter sweep" starting at 1khz. It's subtle, I chose to make it subtle because of other elements that are happening. But at the end of the section you can see the "filter sweep" opening the treble.

Cheers!
GEARS
  • Logic Pro 10.7.4
  • M-audio BX8
Good Job on this , Although the vocal is a bit dark for me but everything else is great.
(20-08-2022, 11:34 PM)latanielvss. Wrote: Good Job on this , Although the vocal is a bit dark for me but everything else is great.
Thanks for the comment. Lately I've been trying not to exaggerate the mid-high so as not to tire the ears. However, in this mix the vocalist recorded with a low intensity, and it is difficult to fit the voice in the mix.
GEARS
  • Logic Pro 10.7.4
  • M-audio BX8