Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starnes & Shah: 'Prodigal Son'
rough mix_master

only panning and gain staging.no eq,reverb,delay,compressor  etc.

ozone exciter_izotope trash_u-he satin_vertigo vsm 3_tr5 white2a-ozone limiter_ozone multiband compressor
The balances pretty much work. The bass could be more defined and upfront but that doesn't simply mean louder. It's just the instrument that has the most movement and interesting parts. The kick could have more top end to bring it out more.

The other guitars could come out a bit more. Though that one guitar (guitar 3?) the loud one is at a good spot.

The background vocals could be back a little bit.

Other than that it works. It can use some effects and reverb and space. But it's a good starting point.
(21-07-2022, 11:11 PM)roy Wrote: The balances pretty much work. The bass could be more defined and upfront but that doesn't simply mean louder. It's just the instrument that has the most movement and interesting parts. The kick could have more top end to bring it out more.

The other guitars could come out a bit more. Though that one guitar (guitar 3?) the loud one is at a good spot.

The background vocals could be back a little bit.

Other than that it works. It can use some effects and reverb and space. But it's a good starting point.

Thank you Roy.I appreciate your comments.
You're welcome Mammy. Keep it up
(22-07-2022, 12:43 AM)roy Wrote: You're welcome Mammy. Keep it up

I made a small changes.Hope you like it Roy.
That seems to work. I still think the background vocals are a little sound and the snare feels loud I don't know if it felt loud to me in the previous mix. The snare, main guitar and lead vocal overlap in the same frequency range and I think the snare could come back and the guitar could maybe have a slight eq cut in the 1-3k region and it would make room for the lead vocal. The lead vocal is a bit out front but that can work for this song.
(23-07-2022, 05:16 PM)roy Wrote: That seems to work. I still think the background vocals are a little sound and the snare feels loud I don't know if it felt loud to me in the previous mix. The snare, main guitar and lead vocal overlap in the same frequency range and I think the snare could come back and the guitar could maybe have a slight eq cut in the 1-3k region and it would make room for the lead vocal. The lead vocal is a bit out front but that can work for this song.
Thank you very much Roy!