Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Vibey Song!
Hey everyone, here is my take on this song. Let me know what you think?

.mp3    PushPull_Mix01_07092022.mp3 --  (Download: 8.47 MB)

I really like the drum sound you got (very 80s), but the guitars are bit too bright, imo
(16-07-2022, 06:52 PM)Damian Oakes Wrote: I really like the drum sound you got (very 80s), but the guitars are bit too bright, imo
Hey man, thanks for taking the time, and yeah I totally agree, lol
Hey man you always bring something to the table, love that kick Smile i agree abit on the guitars but think they are ok. I like the bigness going on.
(19-07-2022, 05:20 PM)crownoise Wrote: Hey man you always bring something to the table, low that kick Smile i agree abit on the guitars but think they are ok. I like the bigness going on.
Hey man, I appreciate the kind words. Thanks again for taking the time Smile
Interesting approach to the drums. I like that. I would also agree that the guitars are too bright.  It is the character of the raw tracks, almost like they were recorded with Dolby and played back without it. Anyway, I like some of your ideas and I think you rendered a song, which is the most important thing. You've got a good thrash going and good energy which in general, the song lacks. Well done.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(19-08-2022, 11:59 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Interesting approach to the drums. I like that. I would also agree that the guitars are too bright.  It is the character of the raw tracks, almost like they were recorded with Dolby and played back without it. Anyway, I like some of your ideas and I think you rendered a song, which is the most important thing. You've got a good thrash going and good energy which in general, the song lacks. Well done.
Hey Mixinthecloud,

Thank you for taking the time to listen to my version.
I agree the guitars might be too bitey.
But, overall, for the mix, I just wanted to make it a little more exciting and have an old-school vibe.
Thanks again for commenting and providing me with more ways to improve.