Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Ride _ Burning Bridges (Unmastered)
This song was fun. hopefully i did it justice T_T

.mp3    Dark Ride_Burning Bridges _9.mp3 --  (Download: 8.72 MB)

I like your mix! I'm glad you left it unmastered. It looks like it might have been normalized but I went ahead did my own Master of It anyway. I did some multiband compression in parallel with about 25% dry signal remaining in the mix. I added heft to the low end and guitars, tried not to squash the snare completely in the process. Ran it through my warm audio bus compressor taking literally a hair or two of gain to keep it from clipping, but the transformers add nice color so two birds stoned at once, I guess. The final product has some pumping during the faster double kick parts and the final solo bridge part. Overall, I'm happy with it though. thanks for not having such a busy mix. this was good practice for me, still have a long way to go for me to make a living in this business but here's a copy of the master, I hope you like it!
-Josh
(22-08-2022, 05:00 AM)europowerpmp5000 Wrote: I like your mix! I'm glad you left it unmastered. It looks like it might have been normalized but I went ahead did my own Master of It anyway. I did some multiband compression in parallel with about 25% dry signal remaining in the mix. I added heft to the low end and guitars, tried not to squash the snare completely in the process. Ran it through my warm audio bus compressor taking literally a hair or two of gain to keep it from clipping, but the transformers add nice color so two birds stoned at once, I guess. The final product has some pumping during the faster double kick parts and the final solo bridge part. Overall, I'm happy with it though. thanks for not having such a busy mix. this was good practice for me, still have a long way to go for me to make a living in this business but here's a copy of the master, I hope you like it!
-Josh

Whilst we all wait with great anticipation to see if the 20-channel 'europowerpmp5000' will indeed be delivering that 'superior stereo sound for small club gigs, churches or speeches'...

I'd thought I'd mention that there is a whole section of the forum devoted to mastering HERE. In addition, there are plenty of unmastered mixes kindly provided by Mike Senior to practice with HERE.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!