Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trybes - Running Out (MIX/MASTER)
Hi all! 
My take in the project.
A nice challenge to mix.
Cheers!

Edit: adding a new version (v2) playin' with the mix bus and some changes in the mastering.

.mp3    Trybes_Running_Out_(MIX_MASTER)_[Unknow_Mixer].mp3 --  (Download: 7.79 MB)

.mp3    Trybes_Running_Out_(V2)_(MIX_MASTER)_[Unknow_Mixer].mp3 --  (Download: 7.79 MB)

Hi!

I agree this one is challenging! You've certainly given it a good go though. You've managed to bring out a lot of nice details, especially in the intro.

I was initially feeling that the vocals might be just a touch too forward (and I do like an up-front vocal). I think it might only just need a little eq on the mixbus to rebalance it a touch and weight the mix a little more toward the low end. For me I feel it is a little on the bright sounding side, and needs a just a little more low end. Maybe a dip somewhere in that 4-8k region just to reduce that slight bit of edge there, a broad-ish boost around 600-1k to bring the instruments forward a bit, and a bit of low end boost?

Great job overall though, especially considering the challenges this one presents.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(29-06-2022, 09:39 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

I agree this one is challenging...
Thanks Mike for passing by.
Grateful for your thoughts and advice. I
kept it in mind for a new pass.
Many thanks again!
Cheers!