Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marc Ellason - "Treadmills"
Hi everyone! 

This is first time posting on the forums since I found the multitrack library a few months back. What a great resource its been - especially as I'm relatively new to the art of mixing. I know the quality of my mix is limited by not only my experience, but my monitoring setup and ear training ability. Appreciate hearing your thoughts and advice as I try to continuously improve. 

Thank you for listening.
-Brian

.mp3    treadmills full.mp3 --  (Download: 11.23 MB)

A man orders some soup. The waiter quickly brings his soup but the old man doesn’t eat. The waiter returns after some minutes. “Excuse me sir. Is there something wrong with your soup?”
“Try it and find out.” The old man responded.
“Is the soup too cold?”
“Try it.” “I-is it too hot?”
“Just try it.”
“Not enough vegetables, too much broth, does it smell funny?”
“Just try the soup!” The old man shouts.
“Alright!” The waiter gives in. “Where’s the spoon?”

Welcome to the forum, Brian. I always suggest that one gives a listen to the file after they posted it. Just to be sure everything went ok. Sometimes you might quickly notice an issue before others can comment. It's not a big deal in terms of the 'art of mixing' and it's not fun but I'd say managing files and data is an important (though annoying) part of the mixing process.
Cheers
“Where’s the spoon?”

Haha, thanks for the reply. Should be all set now. Have to do the legwork before getting to the art part.