Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skylan-Agony Mixed and Mastered
the di guitar need more effort to clean up and repair when i plug to neural dsp.
put some pre-post effect to get it more exciting.
Still not satisfied with my mixing Confused 
You guys can give me a feedback for me to improve my skill. What i see here is the guitar sound seems terrible lol

.mp3    Skylan Agony Mixed n Mastered v2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.21 MB)

Hi,
It is well balanced mix all in all. The main issue imo is that has no weight so i assume your Eq moves are too drastic. While looking for clarity mix lost energy and is a bit overbright. Good work.
(01-07-2022, 01:36 PM)Hi Lethan, Wrote: Thanks for the feedback, here i attach some repaired, and added some low end. I'm still learning about what you mean by weight. Im still find a way how to make my low end right on the face without interrupting the track itself. For this version i'm using parallel method as i seen in youtube. But still not satisfy me haha

Once again, i really appreciate your feedback,

.mp3    Skylan Agony Mixed n Mastered v2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.21 MB)

(09-07-2022, 03:30 PM)metalxon Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 01:36 PM)Hi Lethan, Wrote: Thanks for the feedback, here i attach some repaired, and added some low end. I'm still learning about what you mean by weight. Im still find a way how to make my low end right on the face without interrupting the track itself. For this version i'm using parallel method as i seen in youtube. But still not satisfy me haha

Once again, i really appreciate your feedback,
Feels much better! By Weight i meant basicly lows, low midrange which is not easy Eq properly. As long we know below 100/150Hz need to be reserved for a kick drum and bass, but many other instruments has their body in this freq area too. Anyway, this sounds much better.

As for the bass, I rather often use only Di and split it by half leaving low end without processing, but doing some work on midrange the make it come throgh the mix. I also do compress it with CLA76.