Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MekaPhil - Timeless (Part 1)
This one turned out too loud.
There was plenty of editing, as I found there were a lot of problems with some tracks (crackles and weird noises)

Let me know how your thoughts

Edit (v2 R01)
- Brightening the track a bit

Cheers

.mp3    MekaPhil - Timeless Part 1 v1 R01.mp3 --  (Download: 8.32 MB)

.mp3    MekaPhil - Timeless Part 1 v2 R01.mp3 --  (Download: 8.41 MB)

MacPro 5,1 - Monteret | UAD Apollo Twin | AKG - K701 | Reaper | LUNA
Hello! I really like the mix so far. It's very warm and soft. Everything has a kind of roomy and pillowy feeling to it, and the vocal blends are nice!

My only real critiques here are:
1) The crackles and weird noises were intentional glitching so we could create a feeling of tension and release and excited movement throughout. It's a compositional choice! I'm fine with the abatement of it somewhat, but it feels like the glitching is much too understated now at times.
2) Maybe scoop out a little bit of the low mids, especially in the bass and vocals. You can definitely make this a lot brighter in the upper air range to give it that "in your face" nature!

Thank you for your mix, I definitely I appreciate it.
Hey guys,

Thanks a lot for the multi-tracks, really fun to get around these, and also thanks a lot for listening and for your feedback
Listening to the track so many times, I guess I felt that those glitches have some random movement, so my first thought was editing some of them
I totally agree this track can benefit a bit of air lift.

Hope my review will be better and closer to your vision

Cheers
Andrei
MacPro 5,1 - Monteret | UAD Apollo Twin | AKG - K701 | Reaper | LUNA