Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix of "Nearly There" by Jesse Joy
Hi, first post here!
Here's my attempt to mix this very beautiful song.

One of the mistakes I usually made in the mixing process was to use too much plug-ins (especially on vocals), so this time I tried to do the opposite by taking a very minimal approach. I only used the number of effects needed and I used mostly free plug-ins (the only paid one was the Sonnox Inflator on the final mix bus), including many from Analog Obsession which I really like and I needed to get a kind of "warm" and "analog" sound.. Don't know if I've achieved that, but I tried.
I'm pretty happy with the result and the final sound, but I'm not 100% sure.. For example I wanted to make the drum part more incisive and present and in fact I like the sound I gave to it, but maybe it's too much?? I don't know. Hope you can give me advice on that.
Also criticism and feedback on everything is accepted, of course.

.mp3    Jesse Joy - Nearly There_final mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.17 MB)

Красивая песня. И при мнимой простоте она может оказаться в какой-то степени головоломкой. Конфигурация компрессии, реверберация и так далее дают возможность выбора, но конечный звук вещь субъективная. По этой причине я бы не стал оценивать звуковое оформление. Но есть эпизоды, которые носят технический характер.
1. Слишком сильная компрессия гитары.
2. Барабаны звучат слишком громко.
3. Панорама недостаточно широкая.
Это легко устраняется.
PS Когда я выбирал обработку для треков в этой песне, я слушал результат и одновременно смотрел на аквариум с рыбками. Если музыка мне не мешала, то все ок.  Big Grin

Мой микс: https://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/show...?tid=43565
Alexander