Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Timeless pt.2 (Re try after some time ?)
Here's my version of this track after some time passed since my last try at mixing it, I think I got better since then (around 9 months ago)

Please give me feedback or let me know what you think about my mix Smile

.mp3    Timeless pt.2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.65 MB)

Howdy! Thank you for coming back for another round of abuse at my hands! Haha. Seriously though, this is a very clean mix so far and I think it's solid.

However, I don't think the effect at 30 seconds sounds intentional enough. It needs to be low passed AND high passed to achieve that kind of radio effect. Then the come in feels a lot more intentional. I like the idea, it just needs work on the execution.
The chorus is VERY clean, but I would definitely say that overall the track is kind of too aggressive from 2khz up to 10khz. Over 15khz it could also use a shelf to boost some of that air.
A good way to check is to turn up the volume and see how loud it can get before it feels harsh. I think the relative mix is really solid! It just needs clean up in the upper mids to not sound harsh. The cymbals get in the way of the snare and the guitars. I like the lead tone though! Everything under 1khz sounds great, you just need to find places for everything in the upper mids because it creates fighting.

Thank you for your mix, and I hope that helps Big Grin