Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaf - Summerghost
Hello

Here is my mix or at least the first version.
Feel free to comment or criticize.

Version history:
01 - original mix
02 - fixing/tweaking - check post number

.mp3    Summer Ghost 01.mp3 --  (Download: 8.27 MB)

.mp3    Summer Ghost 02.mp3 --  (Download: 8.27 MB)

Practice your analytic listening skills.
Listen others mixes and give feedback.
Become a better mixer.
Now for me this mix has far too much mud on the bottom end
Also the vox are a bit harsh.
Everything is balanced good. Wow I like the fx you have going on i might have to add more to mine.I was wondering do you mix on head phones? the reason i ask it seems like maybe a little to much h pass filtering going on.I would like to of heard the bass a little more.I like the synth more dominant in the chorus not sure about it so much the main part in the verse.
Thank you both for your feedback.
I try to make a new mix.

jerze
I mix with both headphones and speakers. I'm mixing in home so I use more headphones than speakers.
I have HPF in every track but I try to place them carefully.
Guitars were a little bit noisy so they have a higher HPF. Do you mean that guitars have too much or high HPF?
Become a better mixer.
(04-04-2014, 09:50 AM)Moonwrist Wrote: jerze
I have HPF in every track but I try to place them carefully.
Guitars were a little bit noisy so they have a higher HPF. Do you mean that guitars have too much or high HPF?

Hello moonwrist,
the guitar seem to be missing some low mids.which might help The hole between the bass ,kick and everthing else.
that is why i asked about the headphones.the mix seems to be top end heavy in my opinion or maybe just my listening room . hope this helps.
New version.
Hopefully better but...

So I tried to fix 3 parts in my mix.
Muddy lows. More eq tweaking to the drums(kick) and the bass. Also a little tighter comp to the bass.
Low mids. The guitars got back some lows missing in first mix. Also cut a little from the bass in same region to give more clarity to those guitars.
Harsh vocals. A little less presence boost to vocal tracks and and little more compression to master multi-band-comp between 3k-5k.

I also took off the master compressor to give the mix a little more dynamics. Only one db difference but maybe it helps Rolleyes
Become a better mixer.
The problem here is the kick its killing the mix I think as in the first.
Transient Designer here would help out big time the rest of the mix sounds
ok .
Thanks takka360.

Do I understand correctly that the kick sounds over compressed and need more transients or do it have too much attack/transients and that way killing the mix?
Become a better mixer.
I don't know what you are doing to the drums but here is an example of what in talking about I just took some sustin out with trans d.
This is all that is needed on that drum track,eq to taste

.mp3    drums.mp3 --  (Download: 8.81 MB)

I like the tone you went for, though the mix needs a lot more balance.