Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Four Graham - 3 years difference
Here's my take on the song. I included before and after mixes that are about 3 years apart. I'm really starting to feel more confident in my mixes after revisiting this song and I am hoping to get any feedback necessary that you feel would take this song to the next level. I used the new State Champs' song "Just Sound" as my reference and I think I got pretty close without completely replicating the EQ character - I feel like I was still able to give this band its own sound while retaining that polished, hi-fi quality found in most "pro" mixes, but I'll let you guys be the judges!

A couple of things:
- I absolutely edited the timing of the drums manually. The timing inconsistencies (while honestly not too bad to begin with) simply causes issues with the mix and took me out of the vibe that I wanted to be in. This is always something that will be subjective and many artists may prefer or enjoy that "loosely goosey" feel, but I felt that tightening those timing issues up made a huge difference in helping the song hit a little bit harder. 
- There are also vocal timing and pitch edits as well. Again, this is just something I felt brought it all together and made it a much more enjoyable listening experience. I am hoping the vocal and drum edits are as transparent as possible and don't immediately sound "edited" to fresh ears.

.mp3    FOUR GRAHAM BEFORE.mp3 --  (Download: 6.33 MB)

.mp3    FOUR GRAHAM AFTER.mp3 --  (Download: 6.25 MB)