Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UmphreysMcGee_CrucialTaunt_COX_Lab_mix
Hi Guy,
My mix
Cheers!

-24/05 Added new release with: Master chain optimizing to remove clipping and reduced the loud, added more snap to the snare sound and a bit rebalance of guitar and organ track level.

-26/05 Added new revision with some fix in a mastering chain and mix refinemt.

-28/05 New Mastering experiment in mid side, working with a ref italian rock Song.

.mp3    UmphreysMcGee_CrucialTaunt_COX_Lab.mp3 --  (Download: 11.49 MB)

.mp3    UmphreysMcGee_CrucialTaunt_COX_Lab_1.mp3 --  (Download: 11.49 MB)

.mp3    UmphreysMcGee_CrucialTaunt__COX_Lab_3.mp3 --  (Download: 11.49 MB)

.mp3    UmphreysMcGee_CrucialTaunt_COX_Lab_5.mp3 --  (Download: 11.49 MB)

COX-Lab
email to : [email protected]
Nola (Napoli) Italy
I like it!  Loud and radio ready.  Might be too loud though, I'm getting some nasty clipping artifacts coming through my end.  Master bus processing?
(23-05-2022, 02:57 AM)Dangerous Wrote: I like it!  Loud and radio ready.  Might be too loud though, I'm getting some nasty clipping artifacts coming through my end.  Master bus processing?
Hi Dave,

Thanks to your feedback. 

On the master bus I apply my usual mastering chain.

I agree with you it's too loud ! I must optimize the interaction of multiband compressor, clipper e limiter. ( probably this artifacts come from standard clipper in hard mode).

I'm sorry but the I worked on this mix last night before go to bed and the sleepiness has lowered my concentration.  Big Grin

I will make a new version as soon as possible.
COX-Lab
Nola (Napoli) Italy
Hi COX, I like your mix! Indeed some clipping, also a little too much compression on the master bus I think. Organ could be a little louder for my taste. but overall, it sounds fantastic.

my mix: https://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/show...?tid=43226
My Gear:

Studio One 4
Focusrite Saffire
Art Stereo compressor
Qcon controller
Yamaha HS8 monitors
Beyer Dynamic DT770 pro
Soundtracs Topaz 24 analog mixer
Hi Brady,

I'm grateful for feedback!.

Thankyou.
COX-Lab
Nola (Napoli) Italy
Hi Dave,
I posted a new mix release!... now the artifacts shouldn't be more present.
For your check!

Thanks

Cox.
COX-Lab
Nola (Napoli) Italy
Much better COX but I'm still hearing some minor artifacts.  Mainly with the guitars out wide.  Is it the guitar track or track that are clipping?
(25-05-2022, 08:07 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Much better COX but I'm still hearing some minor artifacts.  Mainly with the guitars out wide.  Is it the guitar track or track that are clipping?
Hi Dave,
Probably I found the issue.
The PSP Vintage warmer on the Mastering bus chain... I had checked the gain reduction but not the output gain that was over scale.
I checked the guitar bus with tg 1234 but I didn't found any clipping.
Please Check the last revision where I optimize once again the mastering chain and let me know if You found again the artifacts.
Thanks again to listening.

Cox
COX-Lab
Nola (Napoli) Italy
Today I added a new release with a Mid side Mastering process with a ref. song.
Tanks to feedback

Cox
COX-Lab
Nola (Napoli) Italy
Jumped to the last release. Sound good, nice job! Just may be keys a little low, but overall the sound is very good

Ciao!