Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
|UPDATE| I recorded an organ(link) and changed the intro
- 3 channels of Room (confused)
- I only used one guitar. I didn't use the other one because it was sounding phase problems with everything together.
- Pass the guitar through the "BX Diezel Herbert" plugin (Cabinet 22 with Preamp off)
- I recorded an organ just to fill the mix, and I saturated it a lot. (Organ Link)
- I'm testing to bring more mids and high mids in the mix.
- I'm also trying to use slap delay + room reverb to bring more ambience and width to the mix.
- Maybe I accentuated the low end too much, but I used some references that were like that.
- I updated my template to make a -6lu and -12lu version simultaneously.
- "oh sh..." credits: - @blakkaxe
"Edit (2022.05.22)"
New Balance (RECALL):
- Less midrange
- More bass
- Less Cymbals
- I filtered the guitar more because of the bass resonances
- I give up for now
Contacts:

.mp3    Johnny Lökke - Promises and Lies_6lu.mp3 --  (Download: 8.75 MB)

.mp3    Johnny Lökke - Promises and Lies_12lu.mp3 --  (Download: 8.75 MB)

.mp3    RECALL_Johnny Lökke - Promises and Lies_12lu.mp3 --  (Download: 8.75 MB)

.mp3    RECALL_Johnny Lökke - Promises and Lies_6lu.mp3 --  (Download: 8.75 MB)

GEARS
  • Macosx Big Sur / i5-10600KF / 16gb Ram / Nvme 512gb (OS) + SSD 1tb + HDD 4gb
  • Logic Pro 10.7.4
  • Soundcraft 22 MTK / Roland Quad-Capture
  • M-audio BX8
  • Main Plugins: Arturia and Plugin Alliance
Hi!

You set off my profanity detector.

The Three Commandments!

(Rule 1, part 2).

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Yeah, that intro little bit adds nothing. After that it's ok. It's mostly midrange but that section of the overall frequencies works ok, I suppose. It's a bit fatiguing. Everything from 2k+ could come down a db or so. I'm missing the body and low-end to give it some balance. I'm not sure I even noticed the organ during a casual listen and I'd reckon it isn't necessary.

It feels competent but skewed too much to the upper mids. This is a song I suspect should be cranked and I just can't given the current frequency balance.
Thanks for commenting. I think the biggest problem is the bass. The bass bass is not defined because there is too much resonance. A friend heard my mix and he wants to record the bass because he didn't like it. He will record next week.

Keyboard is soft in the mix just to add something.
GEARS
  • Logic Pro 10.7.4
  • M-audio BX8
(21-05-2022, 09:28 PM)@betoscunha Wrote: Thanks for commenting. I think the biggest problem is the bass. The bass bass is not defined because there is too much resonance. A friend heard my mix and he wants to record the bass because he didn't like it. He will record next week.

Keyboard is soft in the mix just to add something.
Personally, I think you should mix the tracks that were provided and not add new tracks. It not only gives an accurate representation of you as a mixer but also honors and respects the artist and what they recorded.
I understood. It really makes sense within this platform. Maybe I do this just for personal testing here.
GEARS
  • Logic Pro 10.7.4
  • M-audio BX8
(21-05-2022, 09:42 PM)@betoscunha Wrote: I understood. It really makes sense within this platform. Maybe I do this just for personal testing here.
I get that and that's ok. I'm not trying to be a jerk. But I also want to see (hear) what people do with the tracks provided. I mean no insult to you.
(21-05-2022, 11:12 PM)roy Wrote:
(21-05-2022, 09:42 PM)@betoscunha Wrote: I understood. It really makes sense within this platform. Maybe I do this just for personal testing here.
I get that and that's ok. I'm not trying to be a jerk. But I also want to see (hear) what people do with the tracks provided. I mean no insult to you.
I believe that in a professional situation, the bass would be recorded again. It is difficult to arrive at a satisfactory result with these resonances. And a lot of people here are learning and maybe they don't know how to deal with it. I had to filter the resonances a lot, and what was left was not a defined bass. As for the keyboard, I recorded it because I felt the song needed padding. It's common to do this in the mix, just to add up without being audible.
GEARS
  • Logic Pro 10.7.4
  • M-audio BX8
(21-05-2022, 11:31 PM)@betoscunha Wrote:
(21-05-2022, 11:12 PM)roy Wrote:
I believe that in a professional situation, the bass would be recorded again. It is difficult to arrive at a satisfactory result with these resonances. And a lot of people here are learning and maybe they don't know how to deal with it. I had to filter the resonances a lot, and what was left was not a defined bass. As for the keyboard, I recorded it because I felt the song lacked fulfillment. It's common to do this in mixing, just to add up without being audible.
We could ponder a number of situations. I was a professional and yeah, maybe the bass was rerecorded, or maybe the band wouldn't dare change what the bass player did or maybe after hours the producers would hire another bass player to play the parts.  "Professional" equates money and money distorts. However, we are given what we're given. And that's the job, task, hobby. A lot of people here are here to learn how to deal with issues. Re-recording, while might be the best option isn't an option to a mixer. They have to deal with what they're are dealt. And that's what, personally I find interesting and what I can analyze and judge.
(21-05-2022, 11:52 PM)rei Wrote:
(21-05-2022, 11:31 PM)@betoscunha Wrote:
(21-05-2022, 11:12 PM)rei Wrote:
(21-05-2022, 09:42 PM)@betoscunha Wrote: entendi. Realmente faz sentido dentro desta plataforma. Talvez eu faça isso apenas para testes pessoais aqui.
Eu entendo isso e tudo bem. Não estou tentando ser um idiota. Mas também quero ver (ouvir) o que as pessoas fazem com as faixas fornecidas. Não quero ofender você.
Acredito que em uma situação profissional, o baixo seria gravado novamente. É difícil chegar a um resultado satisfatório com essas ressonâncias. E muita gente aqui está aprendendo e talvez não saiba lidar com isso. Tive que filtrar muito as ressonâncias, e o que sobrou não foi um baixo definido. Quanto ao teclado, gravei-o porque senti que faltava preenchimento na música. É comum fazer isso na mixagem, apenas para somar sem ser audível.
Poderíamos refletir sobre várias situações. Eu era um profissional e sim, talvez o baixo fosse regravado, ou talvez a banda não ousasse mudar o que o baixista fazia ou talvez depois de horas os produtores contratassem outro baixista para tocar as partes. "Profissional" iguala dinheiro e dinheiro distorce. No entanto, nos é dado o que nos é dado. E esse é o trabalho, tarefa, hobby. Muitas pessoas aqui estão aqui para aprender a lidar com os problemas. A regravação, embora possa ser a melhor opção, não é uma opção para um mixer. Eles têm que lidar com o que eles são tratados. E é isso que, pessoalmente, acho interessante e o que posso analisar e julgar.
yes, about the bass that's all I can do in this song (in this situation, on this platform).
GEARS
  • Logic Pro 10.7.4
  • M-audio BX8