Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
ImpAct - Dying Light - 1ws Mix
First off, I want to say I really really like this song. It's beautiful. 
Second, I love the title. I'm a big fan of the game "Dying Light".
Third, this was really cathartic. I used a snare sample of my own making and blended it in with the original snare, which sounds great. The orchestration makes me feel good.

I'm glad I finally got around to mixing this track!

Any feedback would be welcome. I went SUPER analog on this one. All analog emulations and running stuff out of the box and through my analog preamps and compressors. It was nice to take my time with it!

.mp3    ImpAct - Dying Light - 1ws Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.88 MB)

Hi!

Cool Mix! It's worked out really well. It certainly hits all the spots. Those explosions are great!

It's an interesting listen too, as it's kind of completely opposite to my mix in many ways. I really like the way it kind of fades into the bass hiss at the end too... I de-noised it! I feel I definitely missed a trick there.

A great listen, I enjoyed this mix a lot.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(11-05-2022, 12:39 AM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

Cool Mix! It's worked out really well.  It certainly hits all the spots.  Those explosions are great!

It's an interesting listen too, as it's kind of completely opposite to my mix in many ways.  I really like the way it kind of fades into the bass hiss at the end too...  I de-noised it! I feel I definitely missed a trick there.

A great listen, I enjoyed this mix a lot.

Cheers!
Thank you for your complements! I really like listening to this song, even now so many months later. There's no right or wrong way to deal with noise, though. For this song it could ABSOLUTELY go either way, and I leaned into the noisier aesthetic of it because it felt more like a comfy blanket, if that makes sense. But clarity also benefits the song. It's very open ended!