Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Human Mistakes - Are We ?
Well, I hope you enjoy listening to this mix.
Thanks for sharing.
Lolomiel

Wink

.m4a    Human Mistakes 140327.m4a --  (Download: 11.99 MB)

Hey Lolomiel,
I listened to your Mix and I noticed a few things:

What I liked most was how creative it sounds in the beginning, I like the reverb a lot!

The balance is a bit off, as the vocals seem very loud as well as the Bling-Synth. if you would decrease their volume and make the vocals less distorted, I think it could sound very well!
Also, it seems as though you overdid the compression - Drum & Bass needs a lot, but it needs to be transparent just as much! Smile
Aside from that, the Piano is lacking some volume and reverb, especially near the end.
If you would fix that, I think it will be a pretty solid mix!
Just make sure that you disable the Kick-Reverb at some point, as it doesn't sound so well after the intro anymore to be honest.

Keep it up mate, looking forward to render #2! Smile
Cheers
So, this is may answer, a new version.

Thank for your interest.

.m4a    Human Mistakes 140327.m4a --  (Download: 12.32 MB)

Hey Lolomiel,

it is better now, indeed!
The "Lead-Synth" ( as in the file-names, introduced in the second Chorus ) is a bit quiet now & the vocals' reverb is a tad too loud in my opinion.
It sounds better than before, though the compressor still seems to be a bit harsh, its too obvious still.
Try removing it for now and re-creating it with a fresh mind, it really made a lot of difference when I do it to my mixes! Smile

Cheers
Hey Lolomiel!

Very sinister, brooding mix you have going on here. There's something going on underneath the vocal, likw a low end enhancement or something, that sounds somewhat disonant with the track's key, and the kick drum I think would do better with a faster release time on the compressor, so you don't get such a huge BOOOOOSH on every hit. I think a bit of reverb taken off the kick would be a good idea, too.

Apart from that, I like your sonic balance and smoothness. A very cool take on a very cool track! Welcome to the forum!
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
(28-03-2014, 04:48 PM)lolomiel @ le-studambule.com Wrote: So, this is may answer, a new version.

Don't really have much to add here as Skelpolu has already addressed most of what I was going to say, anyway. One thing he didn't comment on, however, was that creepy fading sound at the end of the track. I love that! Very effective! Sustains the mood in such a way that you can still feel it for a moment after the song is over! Nice! Big Grin I do feel the synths are all a little on the loud side for me, though.

I personally love the reverb you added to the kick. However, I also agree with Skelpolu that the reverb on the vocals is a bit too heavy, as is the compression. As anyone who's been following me on this forum will tell you I am not a fan of master buss compression. At all. I personally believe that compression should almost never be used in the master buss, and the exceptions to that rule are very rare. Skelpolu has said that compression is pretty much a requirement of Drum&Bass nowadays, but as he wisely points out if you're going to use compression it shouldn't be obvious, as it is here. I agree with Skelpolu's advice; ditch it for now.

I like the way this is going overall, though! I look forward to your next attempt. Smile
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince