Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Umphrey's McGee: 'Crucial Taunt'
new mix 

pspvm2_tr5white2a_vsm_3_ozone_harmonics_stereo spread_balance_ms eq_ms saturation_tape_ms compresor_transgressor_oldschoolreverb
(03-05-2022, 12:36 AM)Mammy Wrote: new mix 
pspvm2_tr5white2a_vsm_3_ozone_harmonics_stereo spread_balance_ms eq_ms saturation_tape_ms compresor_transgressor_oldschoolreverb

Hi Mammy,
i like the mix. only a bit dark and a bit too boxy in the lower mids on the drums. also the bass guitar is  not good hearable. and that is sad for the bass player, because he plays like hell on this track. Smile  Drums and bass are the most powerful things in this song, for me. but that is only my meaning and taste.
but i like it much that you hold your mix more on the dry side.
(03-05-2022, 01:12 AM)GP-Mix Wrote:

Hi Mammy,
i like the mix. only a bit dark and a bit too boxy in the lower mids on the drums. also the bass guitar is  not good hearable. and that is sad for the bass player, because he plays like hell on this track. Smile  Drums and bass are the most powerful things in this song, for me. but that is only my meaning and taste.

Thank you very much for your comments GP-Mix.Yes you're right so I made a new mix and added more bass guitar.Hope you like it .
(03-05-2022, 02:13 AM)Mammy Wrote:

Hi Mammy,

Thank you very much for your comments GP-Mix.Yes you're right so I made a new mix and added more bass guitar.Hope you like it .

Yes it is better, but it is only my taste, so if you like it most then you did it perfect. Maybe you should begin to mix the whole song with only Drums, Bass and Vocals.
Make it sound good only with this three instruments. if you have it then you can put in all the other instruments, it makes your decisions on mixing the rest in more easy and how you have to EQ them ect.
I call that my self "The Pizza Methode"! LOL   The Ground are the drums, the tomato sauce is the bass and the top cheese are the vocals. That makes a basic tasty Pizza! LOL. And if you did everything  right with these 3 things then you should have a great tasteful Pizza! LOL   The other instruments are like Champions, Fish Peperoni and so on, laying only here and there to make it only even more tasteful but aren't that much important! I  hope this makes sense to you LOL. BTW that doesn't work on every genre of music or any Track, but mostly it does even when you have no idea where and how to begin a mix. Btw. i did it my self exactly like this on my mix, so i uploaded below a short Mp3 with only Drums+Bass+Vocals of mine for better understanding how i mean it.

.mp3    UmphreysMcGee-CrucialTaunt Only Bass Drums Vox Example.mp3 --  (Download: 4.47 MB)

(03-05-2022, 02:20 PM)GP-Mix Wrote:
(03-05-2022, 02:13 AM)Mammy Wrote:

Hi Mammy,

Yes it is better, but it is only my taste, so if you like it most then you did it perfect. Maybe you should begin to mix the whole song with only Drums, Bass and Vocals.
Make it sound good only with this three instruments. if you have it then you can put in all the other instruments, it makes your decisions on mixing the rest in more easy and how you have to EQ them ect.
I call that my self "The Pizza Methode"! LOL   The Ground are the drums, the tomato sauce is the bass and the top cheese are the vocals. That makes a basic tasty Pizza! LOL. And if you did everything  right with these 3 things then you should have a great tasteful Pizza! LOL   The other instruments are like Champions, Fish Peperoni and so on, laying only here and there to make it only even more tasteful but aren't that much important! I  hope this makes sense to you LOL. BTW that doesn't work on every genre of music or any Track, but mostly it does even when you have no idea where and how to begin a mix. Btw. i did it my self exactly like this on my mix, so i uploaded below a short Mp3 with only Drums+Bass+Vocals of mine for better understanding how i mean it.
Thanks for the mixing tips and spending your time for me GP-mix !