Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dopapod - Plaese Haalp
Hi!

Tricky one this.

Cheers!

.mp3    Dopapod - Plaese Haalp.mp3 --  (Download: 17.25 MB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Sounds great mj.  It's nice to keep these recordings forward sounding and alive.  
Dave
Hi,

Thanks for checking it out and for the kind comment. 

I appreciate the second opinion.  I wasn't too sure about this one.  I am kind of in two minds about this mix.  Sometimes I quite like how it turned out, other times not so much.  I suspect the upfront thing might be my mixing style as they somehow seem to turn out that way? 

This one is quite hard work and also time consuming.  It's certainly a challenge.  It's quite a long track.

There is quite a lot of automation to do on the keys tracks and things to bring out cool phrases.  You have to be really careful with the vocal balance and vocal processing.  Due to the amount of bleed on the vocals you can't push them too far forward or add loads of reverb without it adversely affecting the entire mix.

The Telefunken mix is really the one to try and beat though for me.  That mix is credited to Alan Venitosh on the video, who I think is a company Director at Telefunken Elektroakustik.  I looked it up - I was curious to know who did it as I thought they'd done an excellent job.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!